• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster LMU-9" and great service

WKSparrow

This was probably known to some of you, but I thought it was very nice...

I bought a brand new Lazer Mag Ultra that was a couple of years old (just hadn't been used at all)... well, it turned out that it was from the first year, and it really doesn't cut very well at all... I had heard from the forums here (thanks guys!) that there was a problem with the design, and that Strikemaster would take care of it...

I skeptically called them to ask about it...thinking that there would be no way they would do anything, since I wasn't the original purchaser, and it was a few years old...

Was I wrong!!! The very friendly woman on the phone knew exactly what I was talking about, said the problem was the blade support rods, and that if I brought it over( I live in Becker), they would give me a new drill unit ... I said "but I don't have a reciept or anything," and she said it didnt matter, that the company wanted to replace all those bad ones no matter what!!

How's that for a company willing to stand behind it's products! ( and I have no affiliation whatsoever with SM ) I will for the remainder of my ice fishing career buy and recommend Strikemaster Augers!!

Where did you have to bring it to?
I have the same drill, and it runs like a top, just doesn't cut worth a darn. Strikemaster has sent me out free replacement blades, but even with the new blades it still doesn't cut very well, it takes a lot of weight some times compared to others (non-LUM) that I have tried.
Anyway, would just like to know where to return it.
Thanks

birddog, Call Strickmaster back and tell them you still ain't satisfied with the new blades. I bought my ultra a couple years ago and had trouble drilling with it. So I called them,they sent me a new drill and some blades. This year I had trouble drilling with it (one time it would drill great,next time you had to lay on it to drill), so I called them again and they wanted me to try a couple new sets of blades. I tried them,no difference, called them back and told them what it was doing. The woman told me to send the drill back and they would replace it with another 9" or I could try the Lazer Mag 8". I chose the 8" and it cuts great. I know of atleast 6 people that have switched to the 8" and say it's the best decision they made. You can take it right to Strikemaster in Big Lake or send it to them. They will take care of you. Great customer service!!!!!

I bought a LMU last year and had not have any real problems with it. Occasionally it will ice up, but other than that it cuts great. I must have the newer design they changed to. It has the rings all away around the bottom.

work is for people who don't fish
O

Augers are like saws and if you force them, they bind and don't cut right, let it do the work and clean out the hole now and then by lifting the auger up and down.
I have 200 holes + on a set of LazerMag Ultra factory blades and they still work ok but need to go to the sharpen shop. smile.gif
try taking your blades to a sharpener and see if that helps. Check where they sharpen chainsaws.

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 03-19-2004).]