• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall colors from 1000 feet......

Finally got a chance to get up in a Piper Cub today and take some shots of the changing leaves. Not much near Babbitt, but as we got nearer the North Shore, the Sawtooth Mountains were spectacular.

My ride coming to pick me up:

PR12.jpg

First good hillside:

PR1.jpg

A bit closer:

PR4.jpg

Sawtooth Mountains:

PR7.jpg

PR8.jpg

From the Lake:

PR9.jpg

Stan heading back out:

PR14.jpg

Oh yeah, and now I want to be a pilot!!!! grin

Wow those are awesome. I was up on the North shore a couple years ago for my birthday and it was awesome. Hopefully I will make it back up there for my birthday one of these years. Such a beautiful place this time of year, and capturing it from the air is so much cooler. Great stuff and thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Too hard to get good pictures when your eyes are closed and your hands are shaking!

Actually it was a very smooth flight except for the one bank and dive he did over my house to get a picture! Stan's a very good pilot. I get sick on the Tilt-a-Whirl but this didn't bother me at all!