• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Collar?

nine-tiner

In need of a new e-collar before chasing pheasants in a couple weeks. Looking at either Dogtra 280NCP Platinum or TriTronics Sport Basic 3. I like the fact that reciever/transmitter on the Dogtra are both rechargable and it shows charge level, but I have had good luck with TriTronics in the past. Any opinions/history???

Thanks!

I got the TT G3 Sport Basic back in early May when I got my dog. I HAVE NOT had to charge it yet, made it through all of the summer training a 10 hrs/wk and all of early goose, and it's still flashing green (it should last a while even after it starts flashing yellow). I even left it on overnight on accident about a week ago. I also researched a lot and heard nothing but good about TT.

I have the tri-tronic SPORT UPLAND G3. Have used it for 1 ½ year and have still not changed the battery on the remote so I don’t think a rechargeable remote will save you much money.

One of the features I really like is turning the beeper on/off with the remote. I find it a bit annoying to listen to the beeper all the time and this makes it possible to turn it on just when you need it to locate the dog. Thee beeper uses a 9v battery, and I actually changed the battery for the first time this weekend.

I have a G2 sport model and a G3 sport combo. Only compaint that I have is the intensity "roller" dial doesn't have a firm enough "click" between numbers. It tends at times to get moved around with walking through tall thick cover that rubs on the transmitter. A buddy has the same one however and his seems better.

If you are looking for a great deal. Don't know if I can name the store here but it is the large sporting good catalog/retail store on West 94. Check out the bargin cave in back. Factory refurbished tritronics at big discount, + all dog products in there had an additional 20% off on Wed this week. Unfortunately I had just ordered a new one last week.