• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what should I sell this bow for?

north red river

I have this exact kind of bow! I got it from a friend a year ago to start bow hunting. I think he tried to sell it before he knew i was interested in bow hunting. I would say with nothing on it you should be able to get a hundred for it. I love my Hoyt even for how old she is she is a great bow! Looks really taken care of too!

Not to rain on your parade but I think you are lucky to get $50 for it with everything on it. The resale on bows are bad, I mean really bad. I also think that bow is from the mid to late 90's. I know Hoyt made that model back then, good bow in its time and I am sure it will still do the job but the problem is finding someone to buy it when you can buy a fully rigged lower end bow from a big boxed retailer for under $300. I would put a reel on it and use it for Carp...

Give the guy a break, man! smile You'd be better off keeping it for a back up or like the others said, give it to a friend to get them into it. That's how I got started. Then it went to my nephew. Lots of miles on it, but it shot a doe last year and only about a half million carp!

I agree with the person posting above. Always a good idea to have a back up. And as sad as it is, and as good as it is, bows have come a long way in the last 15 years. Technology has brought bows to places people never dreamed. The Hoyt Super Slam was a great bow of its time. However, at this point probably not worth much.

Donate it to a new archer or like I said.. Keep it as a back up.

I too have one of these, I kept mine and still pull it out from time to time to shoot it. A guy can never have too many bows! Enjoy it and the memories you have with it.