• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Red Squirrels

Sergeant Slabber

They are easily caught in live traps. Get a mid sized trap and a bucket of corn. You wont be able to keep them out of it. A former co-worker would put peanut butter on the mechanism inside the trap. That worked great as well.

Then just finish them with the pellet gun.

I have tried live traps in the past and that did work the best. I would just like to have them done when I get to them and not have to finish them off when they're in the trap. They move around in there so dang quick. I like the swimming lesson idea though! May have to give that a whirl.

I had the reds in my the overhang of my covered deck and the live trap with a saltine with Peanut butter on both sides was the trick. I actually used zip strips and tied the trap to the railing of the deck and then pressed the saltine cracker down to the trigger. They can't move the saltine because the PB helps it stick. Then you take them out back and give them a bath in the water barrel. I got 5 this way and now they stay away from my house.

They're chewing apart the wood on my shed. They actually chewed through the floor last year and raised heck inside there. They have ruined trees by digging holes into them. They have dug up the yard, flower pots, flower garden, shall I go on!? They are an absolute nuisance and drive me nuts!!

SS,

Sounda like the war would be on if that happened here. Fox squirrels chewed through the soffit and got into my Mom's attic a few years ago. Chewed up a lot of stuff before getting the .410 treatment. Hopefully we got 'em all but good to know the live trap might be an option.