• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam Value?

Moose-Hunter

Howdy All....

I have a 2 year old Clam 6800, NEVER used, and was wondering what it was worth today. I would like something a bit lighter, something easily packed on an ATV. But you just can't beat the room the 6800 has. My neighbor offered me $200 for it. Should I take it? Hold out for more $$? Or just live with the extra weight?

Thanks....

------------------
M-H (aka: Dan)

I sold a house on here last fall, 6x8 portable, for $200. That's a fair price. If you definately don't want the house, I'd take the money. If you're still unsure, or want to hold on to it until you get a new one, I'm sure you'll get the $200 out of it next fall. My house was 4 years old, and had a couple of holes in the side that had patches on them.

Lwn

I sold my year old 6800 this past November for $350. $200 for a brand new one, even though it may be a year old, is too low IMO. You could probably hold out until next fall and get over $300 for it, just depends on whether or not you can wait that long or need the money now. Remember, this is a $500 unit, brand new, so a year old, unused one should be able to fetch much more than $200.

Fisherdog

Not too many people are buying suitcase styles anymore but with it being brand new I would try to get in the $275. This time of year its a tuff sell though. If you want to get rid of it this year tell your buddy $225.Thats if he is a good friend. grin.gif