• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Embarrased by some fellow fishermen

NINETOE

korn fish, I like your home page....I like the music too makes me wanna dance! smile.gif

------------------
" chaos , panic and disorder ... my work here is done. "
Upper Red Lake Area Association Member

Yeah, will wonders ever cease? Ninetoes and Kelly, I bet the wisdom of the ages flows from their lips at the temple. I have never met Ninetoes but if he is anything like Kelly, the honor will truly be mine.

What do I ride?

Whoaaaaa there! NOt everything is the way it is told. I had a friend staying with people that own a resort on Red....according to him....the guy tried to jump the pressure ridge and landed in about four feet of water on the other side.

Yes, it is astounding that the first people he came to for help denied him...and the second...and the third..that itself is unbelievable...

However...what the heck is a person that knows Red Lake doing trying this "feat"? If this is true, his life was not in danger due to being in the lake, but more from exposure. To me it is like the idots that climb mountains...get stranded and freeze to death....who is really the dumb one here???

Even if he did a stupid thing that got him wet, the people he asked didn't know that. Makes me sick that people can be this big of A-holes. And so what if it was stupid, does that mean we should let him get hypothermia?NO!

Who read the Sunday Outdoors section in the Strib?

Condensed version: Man goes thru the ice, fisherman watches but does not help, Man that fell in goes to 3-5 houses before somebody would help this guy. One told him that he would help after the crappie bite was done.

I am sighlty embarrased that our fellow fishermen would not help someboy that fell through the ice and was wet.

Is this how we treat people?

How would you like it if the roles were revesed?

hunter - ck the URL forum. There's quite a thread going over there about this topic.

Simply unbelievable. The "fishing experience" has become more important than helping others in need. C'mon people - we're talking abut crappies here.

Sad...and irritating.

Its bad that it even happened, period. The thing that really got me was the fact it happened one right after the other in a somewhat small area. Like Ninetoes says,there are a few bad apples in a bunch, big bunch many bad apples!! Unfortunate!!!

I can't believe anyone with anything resembling a soul could let someone stand there soaking wet in the cold and keep on fishing frown.gif How he got soaked is up to interpertation and you will always get the person that says the guy did something stupid, but saying that you aren't gonna help because the guy made a mistake is still a cold thing to do!!!

How utterly selfish can a person be?

The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right.
Mark Twain
- Notebook, 1898

------------------
en kala
(I fish)
www.jamminjigs.com
www.frabill.com

Ok, everybody here who hasn't done anything somewhat stupid in their life - raise your hand...

That's what I thought! Just cuz he did something dumb doesn't mean he deserves to freeze to death - and, from the article it sounds like he had driven over the ridge in that same spot before, so was it really even poor judgement???