• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Squirrels in the backyard

Loos15

I wouldn't call it cruel at all. An old trapper tought me that trick for dealing with skunks and ferral cats. It works for squirrels as well. I also never said I did not use them. IMO the best ones are the freash ones, I prefer stew's or soups. If I was to use a rat trap with some sunflower seads glued to the trigger I would end up with a useless critter.

The end result is the same. His location is listed as Bloomington, he can not legaly shoot them in the city. I was just giving an option. Sorry if you did not like it.

As long as you use the animal and your not killing to kill I could care less. Didn't mean to give off the wrong vibe. Haven't made a stew out of them yet but it is on the list. Plus, the water keeps them nice and moist until cooking grin

Why fightem when you can enjoy them. Theres a guy up by walker that has altered a spring loaded clay pigeon thrower. He molded some tin around the end of it. He baits the thrower with some peanuts and runs a line back thru the patio door to the kitchen table. When the squirrel sits on the pan for a bite to eat, he gets launched about 100' into the air nd lands in the lake. This does not hurt them, but I've heard its pretty [PoorWordUsage] funny to see. Some of those critters climb out of the lake, shake off and hope back on for another ride.

Why fightem when you can enjoy them. Theres a guy up by walker that has altered a spring loaded clay pigeon thrower. He molded some tin around the end of it. He baits the thrower with some peanuts and runs a line back thru the patio door to the kitchen table. When the squirrel sits on the pan for a bite to eat, he gets launched about 100' into the air nd lands in the lake. This does not hurt them, but I've heard its pretty [PoorWordUsage] funny to see. Some of those critters climb out of the lake, shake off and hope back on for another ride.

he should you tube that I am LMAO