• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Converting the 522i to winter time

JimBuck

I was wondering what you guys do that own the lowrance units in the wintertime. I was looking at the ice machine for it but can't find the ice machine sperately from the 522. I've heard of people just using there own ducer from the summer and just get the ducer unit head a little wet to see through the ice. I own a 522i and would love to use the maps and flasher this winter.

Cheers,

-Buck

I got a Genz blue box, Battery and ice ducer from Thorne Brothers and made my own portable ice fishing box for my 337, mounted the gps puck on a piece of 1" pvc, a couple of hours later and I had a new ice fishing graph. The 337 is a battery pig. I am thinking about getting a 9ah battery for it but I have a 1 amp vehicle charger that I also picked up at T.B. Works great, I almost use it more then the vex fl8 that I have.

Get a gimble bracket for your 522 so you don't have to pull the one out of the boat and you'll be set.

Now if I go fishing in Canada I have a portable unit to take with.

I believe Lowrance discontinued the Ice Machine version of the 522. There were still a few new ones around a couple months ago but they all seem to be gone now.

I might be able to get the parts for the ice fishing kit ---- the most important part would be a self-leveling transducer that hangs or floats in the hole. IF interested send me an email at the address below and I'll look into it some more.

Like walleyewild said, Thorne Bros can hook you up with all the parts and actually even help you set it up. I've put together several portable units just like yours. We have a 112 on a blue box at work right now smile

It's a piece of cake, just takes a few extras parts and about 20 minutes of tinkering...

Stop in the shop or give me a call and I'll make sure you get taken care of... 763-572-3782