• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

motors on WMA's?

I just moved to South Central MN from Iowa. I bought a small carstens duck boat with a 5 hp go-devil. Can I use this boat and motor on some of the wma's around albert lea, specifically Upper and Lower Twin?

There are a few that are open to motors. Those waters that are completely enclosed by WMA land tend not to be. If you are wondering about a specific WMA, send an e-mail to the DNR, they can tell you for sure.

I was told before, if the lake is 100% surrounded by WMA you cannot use a motor. If the lake has one part of it being a WMA, lets say just the southern bay. But the rest is a reg lake. You can motor in the WMA boundries. Its basically a recreationall lake with some public land attached.

As stated above though, check with the DNR and if they say ok, KEEP A COPY WITH YOU. One CO's interpretation of the law is differant from others.