• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where to put portable registration

I have a new Fishtrap Voageur portable. What is the best way to put your registatrion on the portable. It came with a sleeve for the info and some clips to mount it that don't work. DNR fines are $115 for no registration. Thanks

I took a 10" X 10" piece of 1/4 plywood. Permanent markered DL# on one side(2" #'s)and stuck the reg Tag on the other. Then I clear coated a couple coats of Poly to keep in good shape.

I put a key ring in the corner of board and hang from zipper. This way you can switch from house to house.

I saw this on Mistermoms house, and thought it was a good idea, and then did mine.

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

gunner, I just got a voyager as well and did not feel like poking holes in the canvas to attach the license holder so I attached some industrial strength velcroe and attached it vertically on the side of the door, seems to be working ok so far but we'll see once it goes through an entire season. Adam

I have a couple of Clam shelters. I write my drivers licesne number on the fabric with a paint pen. The sticker is stuck in a pocket on the window. I have a 15 year old and a 6 year old shelter. They are a little different than the new ones.

I'm definitley going to figure out some way to get that number on the house. CO checked me last night and I didn't have it on, $85.00, the price of crappie fillets went up quickly. Bill

I will Have to look, but i dont think the sticker that displays the year it is good for has all the personal info. the Co i seen said it was fine to have the other tag in your walletthis is the one that has all the info i do know for sure.

I take a piece of cardboard with all my info on it and coat it with packing tape. I poke a hole in it and use a big diaper pin to attach to the zipper. Then I can take it on and off depending on what house Im using.

I have always just used a permenant marker to write two inch letters and numbers. Then i put the tag in my window on my clam. But here is a new question. Has anyone noticed on the new registration stickers they have all your personal information on them? I refuse to put this on the exterior of my permenant house. With the risks of identity theft i cant believe the DNR would expect this. You would think that your drivers lic. number would be enough. Give me you thoughts everyone.

I have a friend who has a sign machine. He makes the handicapped signs that you will see in a hospital or next to a restroom and what not. It is VERY light weight and durable just put the sticker on and slip in into the sleeve or attach it with key ring. he is VERY REASONABLE and I'm sure he would make for anybody at a GREAT price.

I just took my pin on NHRA BIR weekend ticket holder and slid my shelter license inside of that and then also used that pin to attach my cardboard DL # on to the outside my Clam. It's probabaly not quite 2" letters, but haven't heard a peep out of the DNR yet. My cardboard has lasted me 2 seasons now as long as you have the door downwind and then fold it all up nicely when done fishing for the day so it doesn't get wet. It's cheap and it works. Until I get a ticket for something that petty, it'll work just fine for me. Gotta love them dumb laws. Oh well, the state is broke and every penny they can squeeze outta you they will I guess. Just keep paying to keep fishing is all you can do!

I have a clam guide if i have the top down and the door showing the lic is there but if i have the top up the lic is gone now what no lic and is he or she going to right me up for having no lic..

For my portable, I printed my name and address on my computer in big black letters. I took the paper to UPS store and had them laminate it. (cost a couple bucks) I then stick the license to this. I took the little chain off my finger nail clipper and put that thru the zipper and small hole in my laminated paper and I have a permenant holder. DNR Office said it was the best idea he had seen yet. I have it for two years. Still perfect. Can unchain it and put it on a different shelter when needed.
Jim

I'm similar to little bones. Printed up on the computer with name and address and laminated it. The yearly tag is in a ziplock bag and taped to the laminate. All of it slides in the plastic sleeve of my clam and has been good for last 5 years. Letters are not 2" but have never been questioned about it in at least a dozen checks around the state.

Being the contrarian that I am. I refuse to put the licence on my Fish Trap and keep it in my pocket. The notion that you have to have a licence stuck on the outside of that type of portable is ludicrous.

If it is on the ice than I am in it. To have it stuck on makes sense for permanents maybe. This regulation is a holdover from the days with the metal tags and almost everybody had permanents.

I saw something at Gander Mountain yesterday for putting the license information on in the portable canvas shelters. It was a blue canvas "license holder". Did not spend time to see how it worked as my Frabill has a license holder.

Seemed pricy but would work for those that did not want to mark up their shelter.