• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Don't Forget to Buy a New License...

BDR

Corey I am pretty sure I got one at that booth In a past year.

Thanks Matt I got mine!

------------------
Will fish for work
Brian Rogers

I work at a Gander Mountain that sells licenses. I remind all of my customers of regulations that could get them in trouble. I had about a half a dozen different groups that were going fishing for northerns after the season closed and didn't know it. Minnesota has some unusual regs, and ignorance isn't an excuse. Spend a few minutes with your reg book and make sure you are legal!

Went out for a couple of hours last night and as we were tearing down my nephew mentioned new license. It totally skipped ny mind that I had not gotten one, even talked about it last week. If there are any CO's reading this I'm guilty. You can bet I have one today though. Mine sure goes quick as you get older. Bill

The Basspoacher was out breaking the rules again. Maybe I will get my fish licence tommorrow. I don't see that it matters if you intend to buy one and can produce a lic. from the previous year.

I refuse to buy a new shelter lic. for late ice. It is ridiculous that portables have to be lic. in the first place and then to have to buy a lic. for about a month of fishing is wrong. The Shelter lic should run from Nov to May.

Bass Pastor,

The license that you buy this year for late ice is good all of the way thru almost all of next season. Just like your fishing license.

It does matter! It's called following the law. If you get a ticket, I would say it's well deserved, and it aint gonna be cheap.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 03-05-2004).]

Basspastor,
The new shelter license you buy is good until next March, so even after the ice melts this year its still good just about all of next winter too. I figure you are going to buy a new one next winter anyway, so why not buy it now so you have and can use your portable.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

cory, yes you can get it at the sportshow, got mine with the trout stamp today at the show.
I almost wrote the wrong date on my check, I wrote 3-5-63, since it was my birth day today, it must of been habit when I write 3-5-.

I talked to a guy today that was out ice fishing yesterday and forgot all about buying a new license, and he went home with a nice little ticket from the game warden. Just a heads up to remind everyone. I don't want to see anyone have to spend some money for a ticket. Enjoy the late ice bonanza!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Basspastor does have a point. I'm not advocating his boycott, but it is very inconvient to have the shelter license run out at the end of February. If you sell your shelter in the off-season, you've wasted the money for maybe a month of shelter use. I really can't think of a good reason for the license to run out when it does, other than maybe to save you a trip to your outfitter since your fishing license runs out at the same time.

Matt,
I would like to thank you for the reminder It was on my mind before I took a trip to the east coast last week, but as I was sitting here looking thru F.M. thinking about where I would be fishing next week I know see that I forgot a new license blush.gif
Thanks again, Tom (BD110)

They should just abolish the shelter license, and i still dont see a reason why that the license you buy in november cant run the whole season, it would be easier for me. I guarantee they wouldnt be writing as many citations, but they won't let that happen, will they!

Gentlemen, For those of you that have purchased any of your new licences, Did you notice that the MN DNR has "graciously" given licence holders ANOTHER "February 29"? Boy, Is that gonna be a b&$@h to enforce when February 29'05 doesn't happen !!! Apparently, THEY don't need to pay attention to the details like we should. Maybe, when it doesn't happen, We shouldn't buy a new licence until it does! I almost wonder if a judge wouldn't go along with it. By-the-way, With as much "FLUFF" as the DNR has at the top, Can't they afford a "PROOF READER"? Just another government employee with a "rubber stamp" that WE pay for!

Heres a question for you guys. How come the new shelter licenses have all your personal information on them ie; full name, address, ect. With all the problems of identity theft does it seem smart to have this on the outside of your house? What was wrong with just your drivers lic. and there tag that had no peronal data on it? I refused to put mine on the outside of my permenent house this year. I was waiting for a CO to check me and ask about it but i never was checked. GIve me your thoughts on this.