• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Birds

Not a great shot, mostly just grabbed the camera and shot without checking my settings. I didn't want to spend too much time out in the yard, since we are spreading hog manure all around our place today. smile

This is a typical scene when chisel plowing in the fall - hundreds of gulls landing directly behind the digger eating seeds, grubs, or whatever suits their fancy. These birds stretched for over half the length of our 1/2 mile field. Usually I am the one in the tractor, so I can't get the picture. It is cool to watch them landing and swirling around the cab.

2879631775_c1f0b21f47_o.jpg

I learned about that show in history class... gringrin

There is a HSOforum that shows three gulls in a picture from the movie. Thought that was funny. The movie came out four years before I was born. laugh However, I have seen enough snippets of it to refer to it in the title of my post.

Hmmm, born in '67 eh? I won't even ask when your black-year 40th birthday is (was). Mine came and went a few years back. gringringrin

"The Birds" should be required viewing for any high school student. That'd jazz up the high school psychology elective class. Forty years later it's still one of the most frightening movies around. If I was as good at photography as Hitchcock was at scary moviemaking, I'd be retired and living off the fat of the land by now.

Uh, chicks, when you're up in the cab of the Versatile (sorry, don't know tractor brands anymore after leaving N.D. all those years ago) and the gulls are swarming, I bet you don't open the door. Does your tractor come with the gull beak-proof polycarbonate window option? shockedshocked

Uh, chicks, when you're up in the cab of the Versatile (sorry, don't know tractor brands anymore after leaving N.D. all those years ago) and the gulls are swarming, I bet you don't open the door. shockedshocked

If the tractor door gets opened, you automatically become a target. I believe it is their favorite game.

BTW, the red tractor is one we rent. It is a Case/International. We normally have all green (john deere) tractors. grin

Weren't Versatile tractors red, too?

I remember the motto of one central North Dakota implement dealer: "If you got red tractors and you got green tractors, it's Christmas colors all the way to the bank, baby!"

Well, he only said that in the bar after a few. smilesmile