• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 fishhouse regulations/ Name???

watersNfairways

I am going to buy my 2004 fishing and ice house licenses tonight. I have heard some info about changes in the ice house requirements. Is it true we need to have name and address on the house once again instead of just a drivers license number? If so, how are some of you going to accommodate this on your portables?

No that is not true. The regs read that you must have your complete name and address, driver's license number, OR MN DNR number on the outside of the house.

I have been talking with my dad and brother. We are still confused. The regulation looks like it is open to interpretation. Still need some help. It says you need the name address, city, state, license # or the DNR #. Does this mean you can use the DNR # instead of your license number or does it mean the DNR # replaces the entire name, address, etc? Is the DNR # the # that appears on the shelter license?

We found someone who directly call the DNR about this. They told him that it isn't printed just right in the regulations. It should read, Name and address OR Drivers license # OR DNR #. It can be any of 3 ways. The change is that this year you can put the DNR # on if you want to. I guess I should have just called the DNR right away myself. Thanks for all the help!! Sounds like most of you are right on top of it. Thanks again.

I don't like having the DL on there. Might as well have the SSN, too, so some goober can steal my identity. Someone should challenge that decision.

[This message has been edited by IFallsRon (edited 03-05-2004).]

I'm an engineer not an english major.....but from the way the new reg is written with the combination of or's and commas.

It implies you have to have the address AND either your license number OR the DNR number.

Maybe the wording was intended to mean address OR license OR DNR#, but that's not the way it's written as long as whoever quoted it above got all the punctuation and commas correct.

I was going to elaborate on this but IFallsRon has summed it up in a nut shell..
Give the DNR what they want and not what the identity thieves need.

Up unil now, one only needed full name and address OR drivers license on portable. The change for 2004 is as follows (taken direcly from DNR 2004 fishing regulations)

2004 regs
All shelters, which include dark houses, fish houses, and portable shelters, placed on the ice of Minnesota waters must have the
complete name and address, driver’s license number or Minnesota DNR number of the owner plainly and legibly displayed on the outside in letters, and figures at least 2 inches in height.

Laminate a piece of paper with this information, and tie to portable door (or next to door) with fishing line, and forget about it...

Shake'em

Hey Guys,
Just wnanted to let you know what I used for my posted info. I cut a piece of white plastic cardbord (the back of a smoke sign that can be found at any gas station). Cut to fit opening on house or just hang. Pencil your info that you need then use permanent marker.
Works great and lasted the whole season. smile.gif
Good luck, BD110

[This message has been edited by BD110 (edited 03-06-2004).]

Question for you all...

Does ones DNR# change from year to year, and is it the same DNR# on shelter tag as on ones sportsmans/fishing license. I would assume the regs are to use the DNR# located on the shelter license, but if this changes from year to year, it would be pointless to make the # permanent on the shelter... I hate to do it, but this means I will end up using my drivers license#. I plan to laminate a piece of paper and use fishing line to tie above door. I see some of you use permanent marker and write your info on the shelter, but that will make it harder to sell if need be...

Shake'em

Shake'em ~ You express my thoughts exactly. My driver's license number will be displayed only. At least that stays the same. If the DNR# remained the same (and was shorter than the driver's license number), I'd probably use it.

GC

FYI.....your DNR # is assigned to you the first time you buy a hunting or fishing license or get a firearms safety certificate. This DNR# stays with you for life and is the DNR evuivelant of your DL #.
Just another alternative to help deter identity thieves.

[This message has been edited by Twitter (edited 03-10-2004).]