• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

buffalo tactics

macgruber

Originally Posted By: broken_line
i think he means walleye guts right??? i hope so...

Aaron's point is that throwing a buffalo in your garden is no different than throwing a walleye in there. Buffalo are native fish and do no harm to the ecosystem (i.e. they are not carp). Just because Minnesotans tend to worship the walleye and know relatively little of the buffalo doesn't mean that buffalo should be killed for no reason (and I am a bowfisherman!)

Thanks Ralph!

And Eric thinks pretty much the same and joking around I know he likes to eat fish more than me. Buffs are just such cool fish!

here's a few bigmouths from yesterday;

bib2.jpg

bib3.jpg

bibh.jpg

caught them on the two handed rod fishing the roughfisher swimming nymph, Men In Black version.

roughfisherswimmingnympxw0.jpg

The buffalo bite is really picking up over here; it will only get better as the water temps rise. I will help anyone willing to make the drive north to hook up with one of these beasts on the fly.

DEADhead

Quote:
I will help anyone willing to make the drive north to hook up with one of these beasts on the fly.

I'll have to check my schedule. I may take you up on that. I'm always willing to learn!

anytime Muddog. shoot me an email when you think you have some dates narrowed down. anytime is good, but april and early may is typically hoppping, due to all the different fish spawning. There's a good shot at getting some redhorse on the fly as well.

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
Originally Posted By: broken_line
i think he means walleye guts right??? i hope so...

Aaron's point is that throwing a buffalo in your garden is no different than throwing a walleye in there. Buffalo are native fish and do no harm to the ecosystem (i.e. they are not carp). Just because Minnesotans tend to worship the walleye and know relatively little of the buffalo doesn't mean that buffalo should be killed for no reason (and I am a bowfisherman!)

Thanks Ralph!

And Eric thinks pretty much the same and joking around I know he likes to eat fish more than me. Buffs are just such cool fish!

Aaron, who are you kidding, you eat rough fish like there is no tomorrow... You are what you eat!