• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow draw weight?

slopmaster

I am trying to sell my bow it is a 07 bowtech tribute. I had a guy ask me a question and i guess im really not sure and i want to make sure i tell him the right thing! I know bow draw weigths are usually in a 10pound range but on the outside of my bow it says R/H 70lbs 29inch draw length. Yet when i got my bow set up for me its now down to 55 casue we checked it at the bow shop. So does that mean my bow is from 5o to 60lbs or can it go all the way up to 70? thanks for helping me out in advance i'd really appreciate it!

Bow draw weights are measured by the maximum weight the limbs are machined for. Bows typically come in 50-60-70-80 pound weights. That indicates the maximum weight the bow can shoot. By turning down the limbs you can lower the draw weight so you can shoot the bow at less pounds. You seem to have a 70 pound tribute turned down to 55 pounds. If you cranked in the limbs you should achieve 70 pounds from that bow.

If you have shot your bow quite a bit it's unlikely you'll get 70lbs out of it again. When the string stretches and get shot in you lose a little poundage. Probably will max out in the mid to upper 60lb range. If it's at 55 now be careful not to back the limbs out anymore as the tribute is designed in 10lb increments. Yours is a 70 so it should have gone down to 60 or maybe slightly less. If it's at 55 now you probably need a new string to get it back up to 70.