• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
chasineyes

New Trails?!!

As I'm driving home yesterday from Akeley, I started thinking about ATV trails. With all the state land available (I read MN is the 3rd largest landowner in the U.S.) why can't we build lots more trails. I started to think about just how small of land a trail takes up, after all it's only about 5 feet wide. Using some math(which isn't my strong suit) it would be neat to calculate how much public land, let's say 1,000,000 acres and the average 20 mile trail needs 5 acres of true ridable footprint land how little of that 1,000,000 we would use. I have got to assume that the average 4-wheeler brings much more to the local economy than bird watching or "hiking" on this public land. I hope I'm getting my point/question across without too much rambling. Any thoughts?

P.S. my wife and kids loved riding and were looking to trade to a new 2-up soon.