• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We do have some color.

Although our Fall colors can't hold a candle to what you have in the north country, or even central and eastern MN, we do have a few pretty trees around here.

I snuck away from my in laws today and drove out to a small lake on the edge of town. As soon as I got there, I saw what i believe was an osprey, flying over the lake. As soon as I got out, he disappeared. I went back to my car and as soon as I sat down, there he was again. Unfortunately, he didn't give me much of a shot, from inside the car. He then proceeded to land in a dead tree about 250 yards away. I sat in the grass and watched him for about 1/2 hour, wishing he would return. Sadly, he was content. While sitting there, I observed the milkweed with the yellow trees on the other side of the lake, as a background. I decided I may as well shoot something. Once i got these images on the PC, I can see why the osprey was so busy in the tree. He had quite a lunch with him. Forgive me for the horrible shot of him. This is cropped down to about 20% of the original. It was cool to see though.

2876510113_0875672dc9_o.jpg

2877337852_96f346644d_o.jpg

Thanks Steve. I was just thrilled I was able to see the fish he was caring. There wasn't much to lock onto with the viewfinder. Tough to swing the camera from inside the car. grin

A friend of mine saw one the other day too. I may have to do some hunting this week. I'd love to get a keeper of one of these magnificent birds.

X, the milkweed shot just reminded me of when I was little, we used to pull the pods of the milkweeds apart to look inside. Now, we do everything we can to keep them out of the fields. smirk

Neat shot of the osprey. I may have to look up to see if any are around Cottonwood Lake when I am in town. gringrin

Neat shot of the osprey. I may have to look up to see if any are around Cottonwood Lake when I am in town. gringrin

Thanks. If you see one, let me know. I could be there in 15 minutes. The other one I heard about was over by Wood Lake near Russell. I'm sure they won't stick around long.