• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Field Bred Spaniels

tmvikings

Looking for some good references on breeders for a good field bred Springer. I would like to get a Tri-color male-Or just one great of a hunting dog-want both parents to be hunters. Looking to get one in a year time frame. Tri-color would just be a plus.....

Thanks for the help!!!

smile

Didn't you ask this yesterday? The Mod-angels must have whisked it away. I know of a breeder who has a tri-colored puppy - not sure if it's male or female, though.

SandCreek Springers is where I picked up Maynard, and he's doing great. They do lots of field trials and hunting.

Jimmy - how's your Springer doing? You must have it back from up north?

Maynard is doing great - I think he's going to have a great first year in the field, although he's used to running in short sprints for training, so he tends to go ALL OUT. I'm sure he will figure out to pace himself. Or it will be short hunts!!

My springer is doing really well. I am really excited to get her out in the field. I will be taking her out for the duck opener. So I have been doing alot of water work with her lately, doing multiple retrieves and so on. She has really turned the corner since she got back from training. I don't think I have ever seen a dog that is so excited to see the e-collar come out, she can't wait to put it on. I am glad to hear yours is doing really well.

Tmvikings I know if your looking for a field bread springer. There are a few really good kennels around. I purchased mine from pineshadows up in brainerd. Usually there is a little wait for a springer up there. They have a HSOforum you can look up. I know MinnesotaMongo also got his from a pretty good breeder, I can't remember the name. They would be worth checking into also. I think that if you are looking for a field bread tri colored you are really going to have to do some homework. If I were you I would spend the extra money and get one from one of those kennels. You really know what you are getting. I know Pine Shadows has a one year guarantee on there puppies. If you are not happy with your dog after a year from the purchase you can return it for another, or refund.

Sandcreek is good, Pine shadows. I went to a place called Cedar Knoll. They are more of a hobby type breeder, but their dogs have great pedigrees. My dog is 2yo now and he is a great hunter and a great family dog. After I sent him to Whings and Whistles in St. Boni, he's been a fantastic hunter. He also goes bonkers when he sees the e-collar.

There is another breeder in the St. CLoud area that I met at game fair that I'm looking at for my second dog. I think the name was Goriecki. I'll let you know if I find the info. They are also a hobby type breeder. Great pedigrees, good temperment and raised by good people.

Is that Katie Goriecki? I see she's running a couple dogs in the Heartland trial in a couple weeks. Nice gal - I trained a couple times with her.

I know that Sandcreek has some puppies - and a tri-color. There are a lot of FC coming out of those lines - and a fun group of people to train with, to boot.

Here's mine out of Sandcreek ready to rock last winter...

mayn-train.jpg

My youngest is out of Tom Miller/Springers Forever which has pups for sale on this site under the puppies for sale area. She is really turning things on this year. He has some close to ready to go I believe and some more on the way.

Sorry to toot my horn, but I just had my 15 month old Springer Maynard out tonight - and man, is he a great dog. Those Sandcreek dogs do have a lot of hunt and drive in them.

Sounds like you have a great number of options though - they all sound great. Good luck.

You know, I just trained last night with a man named Jason who has a reallly nice 9 month old neutered male for sale - and I saw him train the dog - looks really nice. He even found and retrieved a coot - ALIVE (I don't know where he found him out in the grass, but he brought him up). Very nice looking black and white started dog. contact me at monte.meyer AT gmail DOT com, if you are interested - I can point you in the direction.