• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

recall on the bowtech guardians?? opinions on the new 08 bows?

FISHINGURU

i was calling around price checking some matthews and bowtechs i'm interested in and i had 2 dealers tell me they don't have any guardians because they sent them all back because of a limb recall..they said they are all breaking...anybody else hear of this?

i don't want to go drop over a grand on a new setup if i'm gonna be having issues and things breaking on me.

on that note...what new bows this year is everyone liking and why? i'm getting a new bow this weekend and want to hear of any issues anyone might be having..or reasons why their bow is the bomb lol....before i go drop the loot...thanks

Here is another bow debate... grin Alot of different opinions on here. None of them are wrong either. I have shot most of them, fell in love Hoyt, I would love the new Katera, budget right now doesn't allow for it though.

Tip: shoot a bunch of them and buy what fits and shoots good for you! Have fun too, it's awesome buying a new bow.

it wasn't on the guardian huh...thats wierd..wonder why they would say that? when the first guy said it i just blew him off but then another place said it too...well thats good to know that it was the general if thats true..is there anywhere i can look to confirm it?

i been comparing the dxt, s2, drenalin, and switchback...i've always wanted a matthews but that guardian is real nice.

i like fast bows but also like them to be quiet..i'll give up some speed for smoothness and quietness but if i can get a fast bow that is quiet and smooth that would be the one i want.

the true and final test will be when i get them in my hands and give them a few shots but i'd still like to hear other peoples inputs especially if they've owned and shot them.

ok found it...thanks bowtech03

yeah it's the generals..the defects were from oct 07 to july 08.

well i'm not buying a bow from either of them 2 places..if they don't even have their facts straight on that...i mean if all i did was sell bows i'd know everything about everything...especially the guy that said he sent all his guardians back to bowtech lol.

They didn't even have to send them back, Bowtech sent out new limbs for all of the included Generals. Bad publicity from those "unknowledgeable" shops you mentioned can really hurt a company.

Have you shot the Diamond Marquis(single cam)? It has a smoother draw than the General/Guardian IMO.

yeah i hear ya angelic...the one guy kinda sounded like a hater for some reason...he wouldn't shut up about it...i just called to check a price on them and he went on and on about the limbs...it was the first time i heard anything about that and didn't want to go buy a recalled bow...figured you guys had to hear something about it...glad i asked or that bow would be eliminated from the equation right now and it might be the bow i like and want.

i've never shot the marquis.. but i do like solo cams..i did call a couple places about those tonight also...i was pretty much calling the shops within 30-40 miles of here to see which place had what and the price...seems places only have this bow but not that bow so i'll probably have to cruise around and try all the different ones out....unless people know a couple shops that might sell both bowtech and matthews...would be nice to try them all at one time.

Well if you are within 40 miles of Montevideo stop in and demo the dxt, drenalin, and switchback xt. If I know you are coming I'll bring in my S2 and let ya fling a few.

Seriously. There are a ton of very good bows out right now. We've sold a lot of bear bows lately. I think they are great bows at an extremely affordable price. I wish we still carried Bowtech, other than the general. I think the Tribute is one of the best hunting bows out there even though its like three years old. The Switchback XT is great also. Only thing I don't like about the Mathews bows is the grip. Torqueless grip is the way to go.IMO.

Shoot them all and pick what you feel works best for you.

My advice. Don't let someone talk you out of what you want and into something they think you should have.

It's all about what you like and what works(is comfortable)for you.

Good luck!!

I know you are south but you can shoot Diamonds and BowTechs from Sportsmans Warehouse in Coon Rapids. Their archery department is top notch. I have shot the Marquis and loved it. I currently shoot a Guardian at 30.5 inch draw so bows that stop at 30 are too short for me. Loved the Mathews Drenalin LD as well but went with a BowTech because of the shop/service and number of guys who I shoot with who have had good luck with them. I am pushing a 400 grain arrow out at 296 fps at 70 pounds. One pin to 30 yards.

Actually Beimert's doesn't have any Diamonds, just Bowtechs.(weird, right?) They also have Mathews/Mission, Hoyt/Reflex, Whisper Creek, Martin, and Limbsaver. Cool that they have the three top brands. This of course doesn't help FISHINGURU at all, unless he wants to drive three hours to buy a bow.

I shoot a Bear Game Over and I really like it. It was affordable, and I didn't really want to spend a whole lot of money to get started bowhunting.

That said, I would take a look at Bowtech's 82nd and 101st airborne. They look sweet to me, and they are fast, and everyone who has one loves it. I think I would go that route if I was to start over.

I'm sure whatever you get, you will be happy with it. It seems like pretty much everyone who has a bow is satisfied with theirs. There are a lot of good bows to pick from.

found a place that had matthews,bowtechs, diamonds, pse, dartons, hoyts, and a couple others.

shot a few of them and walked out of the store with the dxt.

i would of been happy with a couple of them but when it comes down to it i'm a solo cam guy and i like solid limbs...couple of the other ones were the split limb design and weren't solo cam.

the dxt felt really nice in my hands as soon as i picked it up..then i shot it and it was real smooth and quite...i can't wait to sight it in and go hunting with it.

lol yeah...it might be able to do the trick.

i'm normally a patient hunter that waits for a big buck only and fill my doe tag at the end of the season if i feel like having some meat.

i have a feeling i'll be droppin something sooner then normal this year...gotta get that first one with the new bow asap!