• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Green Bay Packers

snoozebutton

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There never was a reason not to like him. Whenever he came in to back up favre he did great.

I do agree, the packers are looking good. They may have finally found their spark. It won't be a problem for them to win the divison. All the vikes wins have come from luck anyway, not skill. They should be 1-5. The last few wins were given to them. They are terrible. If any team is going to compete with GB for the divison it will be chicago.

Easy Bassislife...There's a three way tie for first with 10 games left. 10-6 will win the division (probably 9-7). With 10 games left it's hard to say who's going to go 7-3 or 6-4 at this point. The Pack will lose to the Colts and the Bears should beat the Vikings next weekend. 1st round exit for the division winner in the playoffs.

The vikes are terrible. 2 of their wins came by luck anyway, they should be 1-5. With childress they they won't get more than 7-8 wins (unless the refs keep blowing calls). The lions, well, are the lions, and like I said, if anyone will compete for the division title it will be the bears and the pack. Unless childress has a drastic, and I mean drastic turn around and starts giving the ball to AP the packers can breathe a little easier. They just gotta watch out for chicago. They look pretty solid.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on the colts/packers game badger. The Colts haven't exactly been on fire either. 3-2 is all they are, not much different than the pack. They haven't showed much promise just yet so lets see what happens. As for the vikes/bears game, I'm with ya, the bears should pull out a win.

And I agree, whoever makes it to the playoffs will lose first anyway, but I just think deep down the packers will pull off the divison title. But I guess only time will tell...

I don't want to make ya angry (us packers fans are too few on here) but if you look at what I've said logically, it's pretty accurate I think.

Go Packers!

I guess at this point with the injuries i don't see the pack winning much more than 8 games, so im not sure how you think they will run away with this division. Like i said i'd like to see the packer team you've been watching that looks so dominant. The vikings, bears, and packers are all very average.....

I don't know, as bad as the other day was the vikes still have won 3 of their last 4. You can say the saints gave the vikings the game but the vikings took alot of plays from the saints. It wasnt as if the vikings didnt give the saints anything (2 punt return TD's). Its unfortunate that it seems as though any time the vikings take the field they will lose the coaching battle, that is the major problem at this point. I still wouldnt bet a whole load of money on the packers when they come to town in a couple weeks.

Here's this weeks injuries, not looking too bad:

Quote:
Injury lists: Center Scott Wells (chest) said he took part fully in practice and will start.

“I’m not injured,” he said. “I did everything today. I did everything Wednesday.”

Safety Atari Bigby, however, will miss a fifth straight game with a hamstring injury that dates to Sept. 14. He practiced Thursday but couldn’t go Friday.

“It looks like he won’t be back until after the bye week,” McCarthy said.

Everyone else on the roster will be available.

In Indianapolis, running back Joseph Addai (hamstring) missed another day of practice and almost certainly won’t play. Veteran Dominic Rhodes would start and Chad Simpson (5 feet 8½ inches, 216 pounds), a rookie free agent from Morgan State, would back him up.

Simpson, who was promoted from the practice squad Wednesday, carried 16 times for 49 yards in exhibition games. He has 4.41-second speed in the 40-yard dash.

Two starters in the secondary, safety Bob Sanders (knee) and cornerback Kelvin Hayden (knee), are out. H-back Gijon Robinson (ankle) probably won’t play, either.

Linebacker Freddie Keiaho (groin), who is questionable, will start.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions on the colts/packers game badger. The Colts haven't exactly been on fire either. 3-2 is all they are, not much different than the pack. They haven't showed much promise just yet so lets see what happens. As for the vikes/bears game, I'm with ya, the bears should pull out a win.

And I agree, whoever makes it to the playoffs will lose first anyway, but I just think deep down the packers will pull off the divison title. But I guess only time will tell...

I don't want to make ya angry (us packers fans are too few on here) but if you look at what I've said logically, it's pretty accurate I think.

Go Packers!

You were right Bassislife! I thought GB would struggle with all of the defensive injuries, but the young guys stepped it up. The Colts were pretty healthy (unlike the Vikings game), but the Pack dominated the whole game.

Even though it's sinking (only one game out of first yet) I still follow them. I don't jump off the ship because of bad games.

I know you don't Sandmann...you seem to be a loyal fan unlike many of the bandwagon posters for the purple. wink There were a lot of guys posting after the first 2 games about next years draft, firing the coach, QB controversy etc.. Still a long season with a lot of football to be played. The purple could still win the division at 9-7, but that they'll have to win 6 out of the last 9 games.

Nice little game with the undefeated Titans...took em to overtime.

Could be a tough run on the Packer's schedule...Vikings away, Bears at home, at New Orleans, and then hosting Carolina.

And....the Vikings have GB at home, at Tampa, at Jacksonville and then Chicago at home. That will be tough with or without he Williams boys!