• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Green Bay Packers

snoozebutton

Off to a nice start so far but the Cowboys coming to town Sunday has me a little worried. Aaron Rodgers looked pretty darn good the first two games, hope he keeps it up, we won't miss #4 at all.

BTW, my wife and I will be at the game Sunday so maybe we can make a difference. grin

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked the pack to go 10 and 6 this season. They are a good team no matter who's behind center, unless it's T-JAck. This weeks matchup against the 'Boys will be a good test for them. They can still come out very optomistic even if they only hang with Big D but still lose. After this week Green Bay will know what kinda QB they have.

I can see you point about him only playing the Lions but the Vikes?? I thought the Vikes defense was suppose to be the best in the league with the best front line and made them even better with the pass rush by signing the one year wonder they got from KC?? I can see your point if Rodgers was playing against the Vikes offense but he wasnt.I think Rodgers should get a little more credit for beating the Vikes def.

Wouldn't that be something if Rogers could lead the Pack to their 2nd Super Bowl Victory in the last 30 years... I doubt it though. I'm guessing they will remain ONE Super Bowl up on the Vikings in the last 30 "my lifetime" years! What a program..... Go Pack!... grin

It's very doubtful the Packers will win the Super Bowl this year, but it's been fun watching them so far. It will be a very tough challenge on Sunday against the Cowboys. Rodgers and the recievers look good. Grant has been slowed by the hamstring, but is still averaging 4.1 yards per carry. Brandon Jackson has filled in nicely averaging 5.2 per carry. The defense has 4 INT and 6 sacks..MN has 2 sacks and 2INT's.

I look at the success of the Packers franchise...12 Championships (most in league history). The Vikings haven't won one a championship and are tied with the Bills with the worst SB record

0-4. What a program...Go Vikes! grin

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Wouldn't that be something if Rogers could lead the Pack to their 2nd Super Bowl Victory in the last 30 years... I doubt it though. I'm guessing they will remain ONE Super Bowl up on the Vikings in the last 30 "my lifetime" years! What a program..... Go Pack!... grin

It's very doubtful the Packers will win the Super Bowl this year, but it's been fun watching them so far. It will be a very tough challenge on Sunday against the Cowboys. Rodgers and the recievers look good. Grant has been slowed by the hamstring, but is still averaging 4.1 yards per carry. Brandon Jackson has filled in nicely averaging 5.2 per carry. The defense has 4 INT and 6 sacks..MN has 2 sacks and 2INT's.

I look at the success of the Packers franchise...12 Championships (most in league history). The Vikings haven't won one a championship and are tied with the Bills with the worst SB record

0-4. What a program...Go Vikes! grin

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=nflrankings/1-10/080917&sportCat=nfl

nice try though

Thanks for old the timer trivia..... smile were there not like 6 teams in the league when the Packers won their Chapionships?

That's an interesting link~!

I guess since those championship games weren't called "The Super Bowl" they shouldn't count right? OK PierBridge...since 1970 the Packers only have 3 championships (Super Bowls), with a record of 3-1. I think you know what the Vikings Super Bowl record is grin Or you could start counting after 1977 and say the Vikings haven't lost any Super Bowls. wink

Good points as always Badge!

But I do have to ask the Veiwers... grin... what's worse losing a couple Super Bowls before most of us were a twinkle in our parents Eye's or LOSING a recent Super Bowl that was actually on TV in which your Team was a 13 point favorite with the NFL's Number 1 ranked defense and Brett Favre at the Helm... grin

What say you?

But I do have to ask the Veiwers... grin... what's worse losing a couple Super Bowls before most of us were a twinkle in our parents Eye's or LOSING a recent Super Bowl that was actually on TV in which your Team was a 13 point favorite with the NFL's Number 1 ranked defense and Brett Favre at the Helm... grin

What say you?

Was it a couple SB losses or 4? grin Yes, losing to Denver was tough, but they were the better team that day....no excuses. It was great winning it the year before though! I'm sure you were dissapointed not making it to the SB the year Atlanta beat you in 98 right? wink The Vikings were an 11 point favorite and playing at home. That could have been the year they won their 1st SB...or lost their 5th...but we'll never know smile

I'm happy that the 2008 Packers are 2-0 and have a good young talented squad. No QB or coaching controversy. It's better than having the situation in Eden Prairie smile

Packers 27 Cowboys 34 ....no green Kool Aid here wink

41-nut is a score that sticks in my mind.....

I didn't want to bring that one up, PierBridge and I are toning it down smile....I think I took my medicine with the loss to Denver. I think they were a better team than people thought. Didn't they go on to win the SB the year after as well?

What say you?

Was it a couple SB losses or 4? grin Yes, losing to Denver was tough, but they were the better team that day....no excuses. It was great winning it the year before though! I'm sure you were dissapointed not making it to the SB the year Atlanta beat you in 98 right? wink The Vikings were an 11 point favorite and playing at home. That could have been the year they won their 1st SB...or lost their 5th...but we'll never know smile

I'm happy that the 2008 Packers are 2-0 and have a good young talented squad. No QB or coaching controversy. It's better than having the situation in Eden Prairie smile

You're right you don't have the QB controversy. Oh wait, didn't you have the best one ever in the history? Remember when cry baby wanted to come back and no one wanted him?

Originally Posted By: Badger

What say you?

You're right you don't have the QB controversy. Oh wait, didn't you have the best one ever in the history? Remember when cry baby wanted to come back and no one wanted him?

There's another post with a reference to Favre crying LOL grin The Pack has moved on. The season started with Rodgers as the main guy and he's done well so far. There is controversy in MN with TJack getting benched for a 37 year old journeyman....fans will want TJack back if Gus starts losing games as well.

Badger-

I really think he is a true Washed up Favre lover they way he always has to bring him up in every post he writes I bet he has a picture of him on his wall at home. I am glad the Pack have Rodgers at the helm he has been fun to watch. Boy if he wants to talk about washed up QB, take a look at Fergot you will see the meaning of washed up QB Sunday afternoon.

What was the line if you mind me asking??

I think it was 8....Nobody expected the Packers to be 13-3 and go to the NFC Championship game with the youngest team in the NFL. It was a fun season! We lost to the Giants in OT and they went on to win the SB. I give them the credit they deserve. Maybe the Packers will win the division this year and make the playoffs??? Only time will tell....just be glad we don't have Frerotte starting for us smile