• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Radio etiquette

The Uppper Red Lake event was a great time, the weather was unreal for Feb. and even though the slabs were not jumping out of the holes, it was to say the least a great day.

Except! Something that has been eating at me since we were up there! Sat. in the afternoon, a little boy came over the radio to find and talk to his dad etc., my wife and I both laughed and thought it was funny listening to him.

Not to long later, some "Moron" came over the radio and was refering to his friend in his truck doing something to himself, I am sure I can't mention here in this post but if you were there you heard it. I just want to say to this person I hope you were not a part of iceleaders group and just some one-who-thinks-I-am-silly on the same channel.
I just hope that for his sake that little boy didn't hear this or if he did? understand it frown.gif I was actually going to bring my 9 yr. old nephew up to this event I must say for the happening of this moment? I am glad I didn't. blush.gif
Cussing is one thing, but to describe totally perverted acts over the radio? This was way overboard! Why not think of your radio etiquette as the same as in the forums? Do you talk and type the same?

Funny this topic came up, the better half was talking to me on the two-ways today and some one-who-thinks-I-am-silly said shut up to her, I was very displeased, these people should be banned from using two ways for sure!

Speaking of etiquette! I was stuck yesterday for over an hour on the lake with a few people driving by laughing, and others just sitting there watching, what happened to a helping hand?

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

I hate to say it but, with 532 different combinations for private channels, and with someone using the 7/11 frequency, it could be one of the FM group. It's to bad people don't use the common sense when it comes to putting such garbage on the air. If anyone can narrow it down as to whom is the "Perpetrater", a friendly word to them may help them clean up their act. If they keep it up, then there are laws that will clean it up for them. Look what happened to Howard Stern and the National Networks because of some fowl language on the airways. The FCC and Riley Hollingworth, their enforcement officer, will take care of it, if we need to identify the person. Let's hope we can police our own without the necessity to get any officals involved.. We're not Saints, but we do not need these type of problems to tarnish our young. Quite frankly, I don't want to hear it either.....Kaz

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We were on channel 10. Not 10/7 or whatever.

It's a commonly used channel Kaz. There's no evidence to suggest it was you or any other FM member.

It just seems you put a microphone in front of some peoples mouths and they instantly become a comedian in there own little feeble minds. They are also in all probability the same ones whom given a few libations become Einstein and Hercules all rolled up in one package.
Mike

Kaz,

We weren't set on any sub channel. A few of the guys didn't have that capability. We were just using 10. I didn't hear anything close to what that gentlemen was describing. Would be interesting to hear what channel he was on.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

Thanks Paul, for the up-date info. It's a shame that some people act up anyway... Take care and I hope to meet you at an upcoming event....Kaz

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 02-29-2004).]

Paul, this happened on ch. 7. I have to agree with Russ that some people (at least their attitude) is bottom of the barrell.

Matt That must have really must have been frustrating to say the least to have people drive by and actually laugh. frown.gif

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 02-29-2004).]

Rick: There was no intent to blame an FM'er. I thought most of the FM'ers used 7/11, which takes a unique setting. That's the suggestions for FRS or GMRS, so the LOTW'ers could communicate. I'm suprised that if our group used the radios and set them to channel 10 with a subchannel, that whom ever was using the Bad Mouth, was also using the same match of settings. That's what the subchannel setting is for, to cut out unwanted conversations. Lets hope we can spread the word that this type of language is "un-acceptable". What's that saying "A few bad Apples ruin it for the
Good ones". Maybe next time we can change the channel and code midstream and the Bad Apple won't follow....Kaz

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 02-29-2004).]

Thats what killed the C.B. fab. All the channels became so cluttered with people trying to be something that they weren't, foul lanuage and just plain filth.

As well I do not like to hear profanity around little kids, but on some freak occurrance's I might let out a f'er on accident and hope the kid didn't hear it, but the constitution states free speech. It bugs me too when drunken fools or one-who-thinks-I-am-silly teenagers start talking trash. There is a very VERY simple solution: change frequencies it is just that easy. Anyways....

Good Fishin'...

Isn't it illegal to use profanity over the air(even on a 2-way)?
It's probably tough to catch someone but I'm guessing the FCC rules apply and there is a penalty for using profanity---