• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line class record?

Lip_Ripper Guy

I dont have the answer to your question, but I believe all line class records are for weight and not length. So unless you weighed it officially I dont think it would qualify regardless.

Here is some information I found regarding reporting a record, but nothing about what the current records are:

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/61798fish.htm

Ooooh Muskie Guys never want to here certified scale and 52"er in the same sentence. But I can tell you that your fish will be a ways away from any records. Walleye and Bass guys catch some pretty big Muskies.

Nice fish none the less. If you did keep it, next time please consider a graphite replica. They are better than a live mount in my oppinion and the fish gets to swim away for another day.

Yeah I don't think it would be a record. I know that one of my DNR friends caught a 55 1/2" fish on mille lacs smallmouth fishing with 8# test. It happens more frequently than you think. You would be supprised on how many are caught on 4# crappie fishing or ice fishing.

Nice fish either way. A real trophy either way.

Any body remember the show walkers cay chronicles a few years back that dude has cost me more tackle and nice fish than I've hooked in my whole life.But I'm hooked on ultra light rods,4 lb or 6 lb line,and learning my drag.20 and 21 in smallies,29 inch walleye 2 weeks ago caught and released,50 in musky to the side of my boat on eagle I don't need to boat them and take pictures to get joy that would mean my ugly mug in a photo and no one needs to see that.My slot for walleye is 14 to 18 so I am not worried about a meal from time to time.Going to Florida in Feb to try for Tarpon on fly rob that was my fav show of his wanna share gas?

You dont hear too much about the line class record with musky. Most of us use "rope". It is way too hard on the fish targeting them with light tackle resulting dead fish, vene if they swim off. There are the incidental catches however. Alot of eye guys catch monster eyes. I think many of them are caught out of muskie season. At least the monsters I have seen. IMO the record will fall to an eye guy as most musky guys wouldnt thump a fish.