• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Reports 08

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WallEYES - I wish you and T-Bone were here today. That area and Tank and I were on fire. We hit the nail on the head. Morning found a fair amount of fish around, we were hooking one every 5-10 min. Things picked up about 930 and we were into fish pretty heavy. Went for lunch and to check another spot at 2. Returned at 330 and from 4-6 it was almost constant "fish on"! We were two sore puppies driving home just now..

Heres some picture, no trout but the salmon were big and mean!

pa032265os7.jpg

pa032272gj8.jpg

pa032266rg4.jpg

pa032270re3.jpg

Now that's a report Jay and Tank, way to go guys, incredible pictures... Hey der walleyes how ya been?

Todd an I fished the rollers last night and caught squadouche, one smally. A few small/med. buckeyes in the canal and right around sun down a few eyes were picked up in the canal. Water temp is dropping like a rock it won't be long. Good fishing with you Todd, light rain pretty much the entire evening till the wee hours. We had a couple of nice hits with no hook-ups except for the smallie..

Hey all, had a nice weekend here. Beth and I put a tank of gas through the Focus looking at foliage. Lots of color in places, some areas not much. I'd say 50-60% was the average. Yesterday we ended up in Cooperstown. We tooled around, ate a nice tavern, and visited a cool brewery called Ommegang.

052fx9.jpg

Not alot of good places to take many good pictures. But the beer tasteing was great!..

055ys1.jpg

Today was church then breakfast. Then we headed down towards the Catskills. Better color down that way but no great places to stop for photos. Stopped at this school on the Willowemoc creek...

057xl0.jpg

Headed home and after dinner we hopped on the 4-wheeler and went out through Tanks estate. Some beutifull trees and hillsides around. This tree was at the back edge of the property. This picture was not "shopped" or edited one bit. The sun was setting but still on the tree and this is exactly how it looked...

066gf9.jpg

067uk9.jpg

072us0.jpg

The view from up top. Camera light was not good but it was pretty...

083yq5.jpg

Gees, you should have waved at me while I was on the lake!!! I might have been convinced to come off the lake since the fishing was v . . .e . . .r . . .y slow. 3 cold fronts and cold rain . . .not a good weekend to have a tournament. Plus I learned a valuble lesson Saturday on getting out of a boat with wet sneakers and stepping on the wheel well of the nonskid trailer surface. Actually learned it the second time an hour later!! So tonight, the trailer gets a little customizing with some grit tape. Great pics Jay. Oh yeah, decided to go to the docs yesterday to have the arm checked out . . . no bow hunting for a while as the cast won't let me straighten my arm . . . but I can hold a gun . . .heh, heh.

D/C....CNY TIM

I have been doing good....The little Pihuulak and I put the walleye rods away and have been chasing muskies all summer....been doing pretty good too. We have boated 3 over 50 inches this year...the biggest pushing 53 inches.

Hit Oneida last night. We fished from Lewis Point around to the Canal. Nothing, zilch, zip, nada. The south east corner was a dead zone. I marked fish from Gary’s to the Canal, but couldn't get anything to cooperate. We tried live bait, cranks, and twisters. I'll be out again this weekend.

The water temp in the canal was 59 degrees. They should start coming in soon. I'll be hitting the lake hard this weekend. If I get into any fish I'll let you know how and where. If anyone's interested in a trip out let me know.

Tank and I hit the Salmon R the past two glorious days. We had a ball - lots of fish everywhere, spent some time with friends, and enjoyed two awesome days of weather. Thursday morning we fishd low and some fish were around, not lots but steady. We hooked lots and landed a bunch - all kings and Tank tangled with a big steelie. Things slowed down by noon so we headed up to the fly zones. Prety well packed with kings in all stages of the spawn. Some chrome up there as well. We played with a bunch of fish before exploring elsewhere. Hit our friends private spot on a small stream. It was flowing well and loaded with fish. Mostly kings but we did land 3 pretty cohos. This morning we started low again and it was quieter than the previous day, fish around but not lots. I did get to tangle with 3 steelies early on. Up to our santuary after that and it was constant fish for a few hours before heading home, kings and I got one super fresh coho.

Fall foliage up there now is awesome! Still green in places but that just makes the color stand out better.

Heres some picts...

pa102344hs9.jpg

As Timmy would say - "give em room Brodie"

pa092318tv0.jpg

This was the fish Tank was just fighting. I tailed it and he took the picture. BTW - salmon flavored handles are tasty!

pa092319eb6.jpg

The walk into the promised land. A fairly long walk but a beutifull piece of woods.

pa102345ed3.jpg

The small waters are not the same fun for fighting fish as the main river but its still quite fun and a neat experience. Big fish in a beutifull setting with not a soul around!

pa102346bo9.jpg

And the fish...

pa092321zm7.jpg

Big!

pa092329mk1.jpg

A coho - these are not as big as the kings but actually more fun. Spunky like a steelie and pretty!

pa092334sd3.jpg

This coho was super fresh and was a ball. He was in a deeper run where he could do his thing, but I won...

pa102348gh7.jpg

The last fish of the trip...

pa102363xw5.jpg

Baseball playoffs are rolling along which means the fall walleye bit should be under way real soon...

Yeah the fall walleye bite seems to be right on the cusp of going on but still 60 deg. water temps on the main lake need some more cooling and a good hard rain. It will be soon. Saturday Todd, Tuzzy and I fished and we caught quite a few small perch. Let's just say for the exception of these two pictured we ran into small after small after small fish. Heard the west end was giving up some nice perch but we were on the east side. Oh well. Had a good time with the guys just the same and caught a nice slime rat as well. Today Grampa had some great chicken riggies from Karen's boyfriend and we had the baby, Cecelia all day it was great... MRI tomorrow at 3 p.m. still icing the knee as much as I can and taking anti flams.

1001279bt3.jpg

1001280vs8.jpg

Here's Granpa...

dsc00751ma7.jpg

One more with Cecilia smiling.. Being a Granpa aint so bad..

dsc00780cv7.jpg

Thanks Jay were right where we were last year when we made the run to finish 10-6. Our offensive line was intact for the first time this season as Ryan Tucker was back and just dominated Justin Tuck. Edwards actually held on to a few balls for once and our rookie corners played at a pro level. Our top 10 defense jumped up a few after last nights win as well. Tough game at Washington this Sunday but I finally like what I see from this team...

We ran all around the east shore over the weekend. There were fish to be had, all in all a pretty good weekend. We caught smallmouth, pickerel, drum, and perch. There were some larger perch to be had, but they were few and far between. One day I followed the cormorants around and did a decent job. They sure can find the fish. Unfortunately we didn’t get any walleye. The main lake water temp was around 62 degrees yesterday, and the canal was around 56.

Nice job on the salmonids guys, awesome pics as well.

Beautiful granddaughter you got there pops! Where’s her Brown’s shirt?