• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

After Red Lake ICE Series - Who's in for LOW ICE Series Event 3/13/04

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
Lake of the Woods ICE Series

IceLeader's Challenge Event Series (ICE Series)

Each I.C.E. Series event will be a great time for EVERY level of angler.

KIDS UNDER 16 ARE FREE!!!!

Ice Fishing World Championship
Lake of the Woods: March 13, 2004.
Tourney Headquarters -Schuster's Resort
Phone: (800) 243-2412

This is one of the top walleye/sauger producers in the nation. It is truly a multi-specie lake. Plenty of hog pike and muskie available too. This lake can certainly have some of the best fishing to be found anywhere.

For more information check out the Iceleaders website:

Iceleaders and the ICE Series

We'll have an on ice location for the weigh-ins, situated on a likely fish holding spot. We will have Pro Staff available within a 1/4 mile of that location to help out those who would like help or just want to learn more about ice fishing.

The hard core competitors have the whole lake to fish.

When
We meet and register or check-in at Schusters Resort from 7 am to 10 am, drive out to the on ice location where Pro Staff might just give a few hints as to what is happening on the lake and potential good fishing spots. Everyone starts fishing at 8 am.

2 PM for weigh-ins. We crown the Ice Fishing World Champion and draw for an awesome line-up of prizes (Otter Fish Houses, MarCum Depth Finders or Underwtaer Cameras, Eskimo Augers, Eskimo Fish Houses, Catch-n.com tackle, Custom Jigs and Spins tackle, Yukon Tracks Gear, Thorne Bros Sweetheart Rods, Bio Bait, LakeMaster LakeMaps, Ice Buster Bobbers from Todays Tackle, TackleCity.com Panfish jigs, Scenic Tackle Angel Eyes, Glow Devils, Ryans ATV Racks, Schweigert gear, Stone Legacy gear, Frabill Gear and more.... smile.gif.

Oh yes, we will also have a tailgate style feed, brats, fish fry, and bring a little of your own fixins if you'd like, we'll have grills and fryers for you.

This is going to be fun. Get your friends, family, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, aunts, uncles, wives and husbands out to at least one of the events to see what all this I.C.E. Series action is all about.

Get More information at:
Sign-up for the ICE Series by CLICKING HERE

It's only $10 if you sign-up now or $15 if you wait a little too long to sign-up for this event. Enter as many people as you wish.

At least give this last ICE Series Event a shot.

CLICK HERE to get more info on the ICE Series 2004.

Those of you who did the URL Event - How was it?

Who's in for this event?

These events have been a blast. I have fished all the major events so far (Winnie, Mille Lacs, Red) and even one of the additional gatherings that was held on West Battle of which I have the bragging rights of 'Worlds Greatest Ice Angler'!!

I hope to see a big group on LOW as it should be the best event yet - tons of great prizes to be had!! Not to mention the fish should be snapping!!

See ya'll there!

------------------
Clueless - -

I will be making this one also!! I have also made Winne, Mille Lacs, and Red and also the get together on Minnetonka.

If you want to meet up with some very knowledgable fisherman These are the events to do it. I have been very impressed with all the Prostaffs willingness, friendliness to share tips and tactics and let me tag along to their spots before, during and after the events.

I have met some great people and made some friends. Leading to more good fishing opportunities and good times. It's hard to pass that up anytime!

Brian

I'll be there with bells on at 5am! Man I can't wait, I truly look forward to seeing everyone again, it seems to get even more fun each and every time. I love getting to know other FM'ers, as well as getting to know fellow prostaff even better. You really picked a great group of guys Rick!

Come join us and meet fellow FM'ers, everyone I've met has been a great guy or gal! The people and Brats are enough to get me there, and the prizes don't hurt either...

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

I just got back from LOW today, and the fish are biting! We caught a lot of walleyes and saugers everyday as well as a few tulipees, perch, and eelpout. Here's a 29 incher I caught two days ago...

47b4dc08b3127cceb9281cf271820000008610

The fish are moving closer in to shore and there is no need to drive 15 miles out anymore. I predict a lot of fish are going to be caught in two weeks at the ICE Series and some big ones too! Hope to see a lot of you there!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 03-04-2004).]

Nice fish Matt. I have been after those pigs all winter. Is it still swimming? I know you CPR, so I should have not asked. I am still working on the wife for the event.

------------------
An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.
(Mark Twain)

Keep on Fishing!,

Woodman

Nice eye Matt! Ya I hope I can get into a good early bite on those days. When are you going up and going back home? I have Sat - Tues off! It would be nice to get together and fish Sun with some guys!
See ya on the 6th? Fishing on the Point was slow the last 3 days but did real well Wed and ok on Thurs. Should only get better though.

Yep, a replica is in the process.

To be honest, I had one that I lost right under the ice that I think would have been a little bigger then this one. Hopefully we see a few more pigs in two weeks at the ICE Series.

Northlander,
I'll e-mail you about saturday. Might have a little problem, we'll have to work things out. Looking forward to the ICE Series.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------

[email protected]
Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 03-04-2004).]

Matt- Are you talking about me or Nicky? grin.gif

I am still on the fence with this one. I have to go smooth Tiff some!!

------------------
An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.
(Mark Twain)

Keep on Fishing!,

Woodman

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

All right BDR and Boston!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Who else wants to be in on this hot action and great prizes.

See the Upper Red Lake ICE Series video to get an idea of how much fun we have:

URL ICE Series Video - IceLeaders.com:
256k High Speed - CLICK HERE

56K Modem - CLICK HERE

Recommend that you Right Click on the 256k link and "Save Target As" to download to your PC. Then play it right off your PC. The 256k is a bigger picture with better sound.

Let us know what you think?

CLICK HERE for more info - IceLeaders.com

It's almost exactly one hour from Red to Schusters. The event should be a blast, my better half may even make the trip! We'll see all of you there!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

I'm there, and I'm bringing friends! I wouldn't miss this one. LOW at this time of the year can be some of the best ice angling you'll find anywhere.

Have you folks decided approximately where your going to be setting up shop yet? LOW is a huge lake, and travel out there right now is not real easy.

I added a page on my HSOforum designated to the ice series events. It was such a great time, there's nothing better than catching fish with great people! I can't wait until the LOTW event, it should be a blast!!!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

frozenminnow,

• Take 72 North
  • Left onto MN-11/MAIN ST W. Continue to follow MN-11
  • Turn RIGHT onto MN-172
  • Turn RIGHT onto CR-376

I believe Schusters is off of 376, or else its off of 172, either way you will see it, there's a big sign or you right. About an hour from West Wind, give or take.

See you saturday!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------

[email protected]
Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

The Little King,
Dave, "hooking" up with Matt Johnson will be great for you and Ed. Best of luck to you on this trip.

Sadly and with great regret, I will not be attending the LOTW I.C.E. Series. My mom passed today and I will be flying to Texas for her funeral.

Dave, please check with Rick Paquin at the registration to pick up a sample pack of Catch-N Tackle products from me and Richard Smith/Bio-Bait.
Thanks for coming to the LOTW I.C.E. Series tournament... what a drive! Wish I could have hooked-up with you guys. Next time, for sure!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Dave sorry to hear about you mom.

well I just signed up online..the vex is charging...The map is printed up...man that a long drive...BUt looking at the pics of the fish that get pulled out...it should be well worth the time spent getting up there

even with the front coming in Friday/Saturday, Matt still got us on fish. Not the numbers we were hoping for, but still with all that water out there, we still got some fish...Heck the derby was won out there, but I a gap in the ice kept me from getting in in time so I got DQ'ed, but still had a good time. Next year I am going to drive the pick up, so getting in time will not be a problem. So watch out next year the flatlanders will be making a showing.

Little King,
It was nice meeting you and getting to chat some. Too bad I couldn't have put you on more fish, I would have liked to see you pull up a pig walleye after the long drive. I plan on heading your way this summer to fish with Bob, make sure we get together and hit the water when I'm there. Take care!

Little King's pout...

47b4dd35b3127cceba095666cab70000004610

I believe it went about 9.1 pounds.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------

[email protected]
Iceleaders
MarCum
Stone Legacy