• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Onalaska Death

can it be luck?

Bodyman's family experienced a tragic event, a death of a family member. PLEASE BE AWARE of any dangerous situations while enjoying the outdoors! What we've done time and again can be taken for granted untill ONE fateful trip ends it all. Bodyman's uncle, even at a ripe old age of 75 met an untimely death. What made him feel alive and gave him joy also took his life....It's ironic. Mother nature is not to be tested. In the end she'll always win. Heads up out there whether it be in the woods, on the lake, or in every day activities, life is too precious to be taken for granted. May God bless Bodyman's family and friends during this trying time. Bodyman, a prayer goes out to your family from your "extended family" at Fishing Minnesota. Here's Bodyman's post........................................Author Topic: Lake Onalaska Death
Bodyman
IceLeaders Family
posted 02-25-2004 07:33 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fisherman fell thru the ice on Lake Onalaska yesterday and drowned. It hits close to home for me because he was my uncle. He taught me alot about fishing thru his life time. At age 75 he was a true river rat. He lived for it and died doing what he loved. I know he knew the ice he was on was shakey at best having fished that area for as many years as I can remember. He had fished it the day before with success and had taken a buddy with yesterday to see if the bite was still on. I guess he pushed his luck to far and paid the ultimate price. I am angry with him because I know he knew better than to put himself at such a risk. I will miss him. Ice is never safe no matter how much time you have logged on it. Be careful out there.
Fishing is Life.

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 02-25-2004).]