• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what northwest Ontario lakes best for multi species ice fishing

I fish L.O.W. sioux narrows kenora area quite a bit. this year I want to go mobile, sleds, portables, the gear etc. I have the northwestern ontario backroads map book. the lakes you have in that area blow my mind, where do you start. I know a lot of those lakes you cant even get into in the summer, witch makes it even more exciting. what in your opinion, are some of the best remote lakes, that you could fish for lakers, then maybe walleye etc. also what lakes have the best trophy potential thanks

exatly, the more remote the better. so again how far have you gone, im not one to stay close to home. not to mention that I live in chicago, I would probably camp on sight. take all I need, make the best of it. so being prepared is also very important, any one else up for extreme push the envelope ice fishin thanks.

Robert1965,

You need to do alittle research if you are going to (camp on site) there are green zones where NR can't camp even out in remote areas.

I would suggest staying at a remote camp and using that as a home base and venturing out for the day, but them coming back to the remote base camp at night.

If you need any ideas let me know.

I have a cabin in sioux narrows. the offer still stands, xtreme ice fishing, remote lakes, sled in come back, relax turn the page do it again. whats nice is the location, not only do you have L.O.W right outside my door, you have endless lakes that don't see much traffic. it wont be long and I will be a local, but for now are you in. lets combine our resources fish on thanks.

I have a cabin in sioux narrows. the offer still stands, xtreme ice fishing, remote lakes, sled in come back, relax turn the page do it again. whats nice is the location, not only do you have L.O.W right outside my door, you have endless lakes that don't see much traffic. it wont be long and I will be a local, but for now are you in. lets combine our resources fish on thanks.

Have you ever fished Berry Lake (just outside of Sioux Narrows)? Our family has gone there many times over the years but the resort is getting really bad. The fishing is great though...Trophy Lake Trout, Smallmouth, Pike & Walleye. There is a portage lake called Otticus that has fantastic Smallmouth, Pike & Walleye as well. I always thought it would be fun to try an ice fishing trip on them.

Can we easily get a 16ft Alumacraft into Straw with a 15 hp motor or would Sucan be easier? We'd like to do a day trip out of Manitou. We were thinking of stacking a 14' on top of a 16' and putting it on my trailer rather than trying to get my Outfitter 1750 into Straw and trying to fish four guys out of it.

Thanks,

SimilarIsland

Right now the ramp is very very shallow, It doesn't really drop off for about 60 yrds out. The landing is very soft and I think if you try to back out and try to get a boat off a bunk trailer you will be stuck in the soft sand/mud in no time. I don't think I would take the chance unless there was a second truck around.

Now if you have a roller trailer you should be alright as long as the boat isn't to big.

The fishing should be very good if you get in, they are both on the top of my list for favorite lakes.