• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worth the trade? '88 sled for canoe...

BoxMN

OOOp's my bad, didn't pay attention to the model/year. On that one there is no dipstick and there is also no drain plug in the bottom. Sorry, anyway the rubber plug on the front of the cover is the fill hole and there should be a screw on the face of the cover about a 1/3 of the way up from the bottom (give or take) that you take out and fill it up to there! We'll get this figuired out yet!! SO, to recap, there will be three bolts holding the cover on and 1 addtional screw or bolt on the face of the cover that is the oil fill level indicator hole.(I'm sure that's not the technical name for it but you get the point! grin) In the event you need a new cover seal the Polaris pn. is 5410277 Have fun!

Thanks much! I know exactly what you are saying now. I think I will just go get the cover seal before I take it off. I also fabricated an air box cover from the lid of a plano 3700 box smile I think it should work, and the clearances are exactly the same as a stock cover on the dash. Cost $0, so that is cool, ha!

Thanks tons for the help!