• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help my icemaker quit

Stickjiggler

Had the same problem last year.I frist started with new filter and water flow valve,Didnt work! took out the mechanism with on off lever in there is a switch,mine was dead,replaced it for about 100 bucks problem solved.

I'd go straight to that switch! each repair I did before I had to wait hours to see if it was working.

Unplug the ice maker the plug it back in. Maybe that would reset it. My machine had the flippers that push the cubes out stuck so water froze behind them. I just remover the maker and melted the cubes put the machine back in the thing has worked great for 3 years now.

if it has the lever sounds like it is not connected to a dispenser on door so it may be the switch connected to that lever or the motor. you probably need a new ice maker, just a guess without looking at it. there is nothing to changing it but do have to wait for it to get to 0 before it will make ice.