• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake superior?

I don't think people fish the main lake, but the St. Louis river from where it enters the lake and quite a few miles down is a good place to catch a fish or two. If anyone does fish the big lake I am sure it would be over by the apostle islands and Chequamegon Bay area. I guess that only answers about 40% of the question.

My thinking is the lake holds a world record in several different species. Your chances are worse than a needle in a haystack though. Some of the bays might hold some good pike if nothing else, so I don't think it'd be a complete waste.

Quote:
I was really really bored in spanish class on friday so i got to thinking

Glad to see school is preparing you well, most of us feel that way every day! grin

St Louis River is a really good Fall option. Rivers in general are underfished, as is this. Not saying you'll be alone, but it beats waiting to take a number to fish a rock reef on Mille come Fall.....

The key to the lake would obviously be bait. I've seen pics of some HUGE pike that guys catch trolling for salmon and trout. I gotta imagine with fall rolling in and the salmon schooling outside the rivers, you might be able to go cast at the river mouths and find something. Spoons would be great, a shot at all species that might frequent.

Also, there are some HUGE log piles/jams from the logging days that are sunk, find some of those along with rocks etc for structure, well you know *should* be there.