• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scent killers?

TheAsian

Just curious if anyone has a certain brand of scent killer they prefer. Or any homemade remedys they have tried. I have heard of people using deisel fuel on a rag in farm country. Don't know if it was all bull or what? I myself have used a lot of scent killers but have found the wildlife research scent killer Autumn blend to work best for me!

Here is a recipe:

2Qts. of water,1Qt. of hydrogen peroxide,1 cup of baking soda and 1oz. of nonscented liquid soap.Mix the ingredients in a gallon jug and shake to mix.After shaking it is very important to loosen the cap and leave it sit to dissapate the chemical reaction between the baking soda and peroxide.If you leave the cap on tight it may rupture,so remember to uncap it some.You probably will have to shake it severtal times over a few days to totally dissolve the baking soda.And after a few days when the fizzing has dissapated you can now cap it with no worries of it rupturing.For water use spring water or distilled,tap water is chlorinated so don't add the smell of chlorine to it.And also use a clean water jug,not an milk jug which can smell,after all it's suppose to be a scent eliminator don't add foreign smells to it.And the non scented liquid soap is basically to make it flow so you can pour in your field bottle and spray it.Only add 1oz. of liquid soap it dosen't take much or otherwise it will suds up too much