• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tarvaris Jackson

pulsar_nx

I hope he does start someone else. When that person looks awful then maybe people will start to see where the real problem starts, with Childress himself.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Childress has got to go. Someone else on this site said that if we're not .500 by the bye week, we should say bye to Childress. That sounds about right, but I'm not sure I can wait that long.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amen to that james walleye...I am so tired of people blaming this on Tjack...if you don't know anything about football keep your mouths shut...I honestly overheard two guys at work today talking about how badly we needed to put Booty in, "because he at least played in a pro-style offense at USC. T-Jack played in like division II or something, all we have to do is get rid of him..." The problem is the system folks, not the QB (and I know that Alabama State is Division I-AA, these guys didn't)

Quote:
I'm not personally bashing Minnesotans, just ribbing about the Vikings. When Dallas beats Green Bay, I'm sure there will be lots of comments thrown East of the border. I do apologize sincerely!

It's all good no apology necessary. I actually enjoy and agree with most of your post... keep up the good work someday maybe the ball will be in our court as far as NFL fooball goes....DOH!

Go Vikes!... grin

I enjoy your posts as well! wink I was on a Packer forum on Lake State Fishing and guess what I saw? Bear & Viking fans ribbing Packer fans! It's all good grin

The OFfensive coaching staff has no clue, the plays they call are from the PeeWees. They don't let TJack into the game right away. They wait till the second half. They are so predicatable my 10 year old new what plays are coming. Let Tjack loose and see what happens. they holding a too tight of leash on this guy. Let the guy play... if he fails after that let him sit.

amen to that james walleye...I am so tired of people blaming this on Tjack...if you don't know anything about football keep your mouths shut...

Wally, I think we all know Chilly's got a lot to do with this as well. He was a Offensive Coordinator that didn't call the plays in Philly. But if you think Tarvaris is part of the solution instead of part of the problem well.......I'm not sure you're watching the same games I am.

Career Stats

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

TOTAL 248 434 57.1 2,694 6.2 12 17 31 128 68.5 79 403 5.1 4 10 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I am so tired of people blaming this on Tjack...if you don't know anything about football keep your mouths shut

People on here know something about football, so you can count on seeing people not keeping their mouths shut.

I'd have to say that if you don't think TJack plays a part in the overall problem, then you don't know much about football. Former NFL player commentators and NFL analysts are saying that he sucks (except in polite terms). You feel you know more about football than these guys do? crazy

Did anyone watch the game last night? Those 2 are QB's. They stood tall in the pocket and picked apart some pretty good defence's. This is something T-jack will never be able to do. Childress is apart of the problem, but T-jack is the main part of the problem. IMO

People like to blame it on Chillies play calling.

H-e-l-l-o! How can you open the playbook when the main player has not developed at all! Could he have developed? Yes, I thought he would. But, now my thoughts have changed.

People say Chilly was 100% behind T-Jack. Well, he was. He may have wanted him in the draft to for he did show potential. Well, it doesn't look like it will pan out.

But, Chilly got us AP too....

Quote:
But, Chilly got us AP too....

Which, IMO, has only extended Chilli's time here longer than what I care to have seen of him. smirk

AP was a no-brainer pick IMO, and if it weren't for AP, I think Chilli's time here might have been shortened a bit. Just my $.02 though.

People like to blame it on Chillies play calling.

H-e-l-l-o! How can you open the playbook when the main player has not developed at all! Could he have developed? Yes, I thought he would. But, now my thoughts have changed.

Exactly!!! Chilly can't call plays that T-Jack can't execute. True Chilly shouldn't have put in all his chips with Jackson, but now who do we have? Ferotte, Booty. Niether of which will make much of a difference. I just hope we get a first round qb that can come in and play.

If the coaching staff doesn't have confidence in calling plays that Jackson can execute, then why is he the starting QB? Why was he drafted? Why did he start last year? Why didn't we get Pennington?

I think it's the other way around. The play calling is hampering the team more than Jackson's ability. He has legs and can run, why not use that in a scheme? Play-action when it's 2nd and short. Do something to score a TD.

Why is he the starting quarterback? Because he is all we have.

Why was he drafted? For he was a good prospect and the best pick at the time.

Why did he start last year? For everyone was hoping he would develop. I thought he would too.

Why didn't we get Pennington? How much would you give for a so-so quarterback. And, they wanted to see what T-Jack could do this year. So far, it isn't much.

Use his legs to run? So, more running? Have you been to a game? Do you see the open receivers down field that Jackson can't see?

I thought he would pan out to be an above average quarterback. But, I doubt he ever will...or not soon anyway.

Green was a lousey playoff coach with a great team under him. Fire Green! Then, Tice came in and did fine with a so-so team. Fire Tice! Now, you have a great team with a lot of potential, with a lousey QB. Fire Chilly...bring back Tice or Green.

Give me a break....

If AP was such a no-brainer pick...why did teams pass on him? At the time T-Jack was picked...he was also a no-brainer pick.

I knew Vikings fans were if for a heartbreak when they (and others) were creaming playoffs and Super Bowl. Not with a well below average QB. Yes, some team have done this...but not the Vikings....

Why Pennington?? Hes a joke! We are better with Ferrote if your going to go that route. He has a much better arm and can read a defense. Its not going to matter, no qb will succeed in Chillys offense. Teams stake 9 in the box but every pass play is 10 yards and over the middle, hows that going to strech out defenses, he plays right in the mind of every D-coordinator in the leauge.

Fun game to watch last night. Was actually interesting to see what quarterbacks and receivers SHOULD look like. We haven't seen offense like that for quite some time. Just give us half of that and we'd be in the superbowl hunt!

PS - I wouldn't mind seeing Carson Palmer or Phillip Rivers come here....not one bit. Either of those two could catapault (sp?) us into serious contenders IMO. Pennington certainly is not the answer though.

Exactly!!! Chilly can't call plays that T-Jack can't execute. True Chilly shouldn't have put in all his chips with Jackson, but now who do we have? Ferotte, Booty. Niether of which will make much of a difference. I just hope we get a first round qb that can come in and play.

I politely disagree.

Chilly needs to call anything and everything in the offensive playbook and LET TJACK PLAY. Right now the stifled play calling is killing us, not TJack. Let the kid make audibles at the line. Shotgun, 5 step drops, 5 wide, shovel passes, flea flickers, play action fly patterns, etc. He's either gotta learn to do it all, or park his a$$ on the bench. Sink or swim, its time to let it rip.

Then if we suck it up between now and the bye week(odds are we will, but I try to be optimistic), we should go to Ferrotte and introduce Jackson to his spot on the bench for the rest of the year.

TJack has progressed as a QB miles further than Chilly has progressed as a head coach. That leads me to a scary thought... what if we've already seen all of Chilly's "kick a$$" offense? The way the one-who-thinks-I-am-silly calls plays, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was the case.

My kid's freshman football team mixes it up more than Chilly does.

Why Pennington?? Hes a joke! We are better with Ferrote if your going to go that route. He has a much better arm and can read a defense. Its not going to matter, no qb will succeed in Chillys offense. Teams stake 9 in the box but every pass play is 10 yards and over the middle, hows that going to strech out defenses, he plays right in the mind of every D-coordinator in the leauge.

I don't think that this is 100% true. Part of his play calling is surely due to the lack of ability at the QB spot. His play calling is so limited becuase his qb is so limited. Jackson can hit the short slant with the best of them but you can only go to that well so many times before it runs dry like it did at the end of the game on sunday.

I want to see what Chilly can do with a QB that can make all of the throws a pro QB should be able to make. Then I will finish grading him, but right now his grade is poor just for the fact that he is sticking with Jackson. Jackson needs time on the bench to develop at the very least.

I want to see what Chilly can do with a QB that can make all of the throws a pro QB should be able to make.

ME TOO, Exactly! So let TJack loose (i.e. open up the playbook!) for a week or three until the bye week! Since we're 0-2, we can't do any worse.

Don't even wait till the bye week if TJACK obviously struggles. Yank him sooner. Whatever it takes. Call the plays a professional team should run, and keep throwing QBs in there till we find one that can execute them.

Tjack, Ferrotte, Pennington, Culpepper, whoever. At this point, I don't care who it is. I'm getting tired of watching this offense look like a bunch of grade school pee-wee leagers.

I am win you Wadiator.

I would like Chilly to forget about Jackson's percieved inabilities and just call a normal game, call the play that would typically fit the situation and lets see if Jackson can do it, lets see all the throws whether they are good or bad I want to see them. Atleast it should make the defense back a guy off the line a little.

If he can't do it put in Gus or go get someone else who can. An average QB should be able to win alot of games for us. Our offense is not built to require a ton from a QB like New England was last year or the Colts have been. We just need someone who can make all the normal throws consistently, no need for him to make the spectacular throws, just the average ones will do just fine.

I dont think that childress cares to call plays to the strenghts of his players like Tice did.

We had an awesome O-line before he came and then he changes the blocking to zone to fit his scheme and then they start to look like a sponge for a while. Same thing with the QB, he's not playing to Tjacks strenghts (if there are any?) he's just working his kick a$$ system...kind of a round peg in a square hole.

Coach your players and figure out what they can do to make the team and system succeed.