• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tarvaris Jackson

pulsar_nx

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't win on field goals, said that over and over again. I would chaulk it up to two things, play calling and the fact that Tjack can't hit anyone. He is always over throwing or under throwing. Wide open receivers getting hit in the ankles is rediculous. 3rd and 5 and you either run up the gut or throw a pass behind the line of scrimage? These guys are rediculous. Defence was great until the 4th. I will blame that on Chilly and the Jack as well. Call plays and complete passes to keep the offense on the field so the defense can rest for cripes sake.

Zamboni, Manning looked terrible at times too, he just has better targets to throw to, and better coaches calling plays. Besides, Tjack doesn't have to be a better quarterback than Manning, he just has to manage the game, which he did. This one wasn't his fault!

So what you are saying is that if the roles were reversed (Manning/TJ) the outcome would've been the same?

That's hilarious.

No that's not what I'm saying, clearly you're not understanding. What I am saying is comparing them is not apples to apples, they are different quarterbacks in a different system. Manning is a future hall of famer who had a bad game, but still found a way to pull it out. TJack did what he had to, manage the game. He played well, not great, but well. Sure he made mistakes, missed receivers, but so did Manning. Play calling and an inability to sustain drives lost this game, and that's a coaching/entire team problem. If you really think TJack lost this game for the Vikes you're dreaming...

TJack did what he had to, manage the game. He played well

on that we will have to disagree.

I would never join the Boo birds because that accomplishes nothing, but in their defense I think it was more of a Boo for the dissatisfaction of the system and not directly at TJ

He is a clown, sorry, but he is.

On a 1-10 scale 10 being the best I give the respective WRs:

Wayne-9

Berrian-7

Rice-6

Gonzalez-6

Harrison was a non factor, and there really is no difference between the others. I give him until the 5th game, if things don't drastically improve, Zygi and Chilly will have a meeting. I can highlight what will be said-

"Bench him, or you are BOTH out"

If you don't count the last two passes in the second quarter he didn't do anything in the first half. I think he had 7 yards passing. If thats managing a game thenI think I might have a chance. I have to believe that childress has no confidence in his qb. Would we be any better with a different qb? I have to say yes.

On a 1-10 scale 10 being the best I give the respective WRs:

Wayne-9

Berrian-7

Rice-6

Gonzalez-6

Harrison was a non factor, and there really is no difference between the others.

Are you talking about this game or overall, because Berry didn't have a line on the stat sheet today.

Jackson was once more restricted to throwing those stupid short-yardage bootlegs to the RBs and TE's. It is real easy to defend against those vanilla plays, regardless of who is taking snaps.

Jackson is working in a West Coast system that he is not ready or well-suited to run, and that system is being run by an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly named Brad Childress.

Either the coach doesn't have confidence in Tjack or his own system. Either way something has to change, so lets change them both.

Could any QB succeed in that mess that was the playcalling today?? Im sick of hearing how a QB should have no problem throwing the ball when their is constantly 8 guys in the box. Childress never throws the ball when there are 8 guys in the box!!! He runs the ball into the stacked box and then tries to throw it when its 3rd and 7 when there is no longer 8 in the box! Just the opposite of what is suppose to happen.The colts adjusted and had the box stacked the whole 2nd half. What does Chilly do? He continues trying to run it up the gut and in no way does anything to counter what the colts did. You people want to see Jackson succeed? Then Childress needs to start throwing the ball on 1st and 2nd down when the box is stacked, not just when its 3rd and 7 and an obvious passing situation. Again i'm not saying Jackson is the answer, all i know is that you arent bringing in a QB that is going to succeed in this mess. For instance, the sequence in which you run the ball on 1st and 2nd down and then on 3rd down he lines up with a single WR in Wade. The playcall is a naked bootleg out to the left in which Jackson gets 1 yard. Who is this fooling on 3rd and 5?? The defense isnt playing run anymore. You run this on 2nd down when the colts are expecting the run up the middle. Its just an example of the kind of rotten playcalling that is going on.

No that's not what I'm saying, clearly you're not understanding. What I am saying is comparing them is not apples to apples, they are different quarterbacks in a different system. Manning is a future hall of famer who had a bad game, but still found a way to pull it out. TJack did what he had to, manage the game. He played well, not great, but well. Sure he made mistakes, missed receivers, but so did Manning. Play calling and an inability to sustain drives lost this game, and that's a coaching/entire team problem. If you really think TJack lost this game for the Vikes you're dreaming...

No, AP did what he had to to win the game. If it wasn't for him there would have been no offense at all. When they got inside the 30 they could do nothing cause they knew all they could do is run. They aren't afraid of the pass when receivers are all underthrown or overthrown. He's horrible and I was one who said give him a chance this year. After these two games, I'm done with him. You can't win on Feild goes. He better grow up and learn to pass.