• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
calmwaters

Ice on Lake Superior

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• that looks slick but probably pretty spendy if you need to use the refillable cylinder. I wonder if coleman would work?  I just watched a different video where the one pounders are filled while using a small curved forceps to vent while filling. Went to garage and filled 3 that way. Worked dandy. Nothing has to be chilled. 
    • The one thing I liked on my Elite-5 was that when a fish was about to bite the return would turn very red. I don' tget that with the Showdown. Bit it does get a darker black.
    • did you just keep it square and cut a slot through it? any idea which one? seems like a bunch of options; https://www.homedepot.com/b/Building-Materials-Glass-Plastic-Sheets/LEXAN/N-5yc1vZbrdgZ5tg   i see 11x14" sheets for $8 a piece, but they only have a .093" thickness  
    • Chip is on the list, but will wait to see how good the included mapping is. Making my own will be great as there are no detailed maps for a lot of water I fish.   I may have triggered someone here with that link. 2 more sold since my last post. Seller also has the 5 for a good price. My eyes aint getting any younger though! 
    • I got an old  10lb'er on craiglist  for $10 a few years ago, got it re-certified at a local propane co-op and never looked back.  I love it.   Has anyone used this, if so how do you like it: Flame King Refillable 1 LB Empty Propane Cylinder Tank  with Refill Kit that looks like it would be ideal. 
    • I'm sure you included that link for a reason, so I'll go ahead and say it...you got a crazy good deal on that Helix 7!   It's going to take a little getting used to compared to the Vex, but you're really going to enjoy it.  Assuming you already have a Lakemaster Chip for it, or are getting one?
    • I’ve had this same issue myself for years. I like using a hose to a bigger tank but the 20lber is impractical unless able to drive out. I’ve searched for the 5lb and can find them easily ( Cabela’s, Fleet Farm). But the price will kill a guy. I can buy 2 maybe 3 20lb cylinders for the price of one 5lb. My solution, just continue to buy and use 1lb. Sams club is by far the cheapest at $12.50 (ish) for a 4 pack. I can usually get by on about 1 cylinder per 2 outings on average. Takes 4-6 4 packs per season for Me. Which yes is a lot compared to just refilling them but “convince” is more appealing then the cost IMO.
    • I used lexan... thought about using plexiglass but plexi and cold don't mixed when you have little ones around. I can stand on these and I am 275#
    • anyone ever cut some out of clear plexiglass for their hole covers with a gap for your line for rattle reels/bobber rods? i wouldnt think they would have to be round to fit exactly in the hole,  just a square to protect from falling objects would work? $17+/cover seems steep from the store