• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
calmwaters

Ice on Lake Superior

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Armageddon Constantine Inglourious Basterds(sp) Jeremiah Johnson The vacation movies   And I don't remember the name of the movie  but Nicholas Cage played a soldier in the Crusades who had to transport an accused witch to another town. Ron Perlman was his partner   Besides fishing, going to movies is another one of my joys in life  
    • I'm gonna list 5 Actors, if ya care to play, list your favorite movie that they have appeared in.   Ben Affleck  Keanu Reeves Brad Pitt Robert Redford Chevy Chase   *time out* Bonus 6th pick..... Nicolas Cage
    • I want to connect my iPhone to an old home theater receiver in my garage I am sure there is lots of ways to do this just trying to think of what would be best.   I have an iPhone with no headphone jack. Not a problem I currently put it on a dock with a speaker. That dock has a 3.5mm out that I should be able to convert into something that would work as an input to the receiver?     Here is the back of the receiver, its an old ONKYO that I had set up as a home theater many years ago. Its been collecting dust in the basement and I still have all of the speakers so I thought, hey I could really jam out in the man cave with some good speakers if I can get everything hooked up correctly   I could go 3.5mm to rca (red and white) and I think that would get me stereo and not mono?   Or could I go 3.5mm to digital optical or 3.5mm to coaxial? See all my options circled in red below?      
    • For this episode of the Duffman & Wanderer bass show I present to you the third week of August.   Wed is my usual day to get out. I figure it's before the Thurs night leagues and gives some space from the weekend warriors. Wife had a work party at our house, bonus water time for me. Too bad it was on one of "those" days. Sloooow. Talked to a regular, he agreed it was slow and chimed in "Two days ago though" Argh, that's all I needed to hear after only catching 3 bass in 5 hours. One went 4lbs, a 2ish, and a sub pounder........those little fish aren't usually where I'm fishing.   Gave it another go today...........short biters for me all week. Dealing with some pea green soup water, today was already clearer than Wed. That 4 was blind in one eye, seemed to be a lateral line strike. Maybe that's why they are short?   Had some action today at least, a smaller class of fish,  2.5 - 3 lb range. A half dozen, missed a couple, had two pop off, seen one.......20" class fish. Did the usual #@&%$,!, and casted again. I think I need to sharpen some hooks.  Still cranking, although I jig n pigged today for a tad......I never jig n pig. Forcing myself to try other things.   It's always interesting observing fellow fishermen. There's pressure everywhere these days. You recognize folks that look like they know what they are doing, and others that don't have a clue. I think I seen a 12" screen on a kayak this week!. I watch what people are using on a spot, and once they move on, I have no problem moving in. Fishing seems cyclical, some years are better than other's. That's fishing, hope you are out on the days when the "HOT" bite is going down.    Tune in next week for another episode.
    • To bad your not up here in Minnesota.  There are Ice houses on lots for sale all over this state.  You could stop in with a tape and get the dimensions you need.  
    • My thought was building an axle similar to this.   Then instead of using cranks I was going to use some 5000lb Square Bullydog jacks.   Then making a handle I could put my impact on to lift and lower the Ice House.    With having the camper, I already have the axle, electric brakes and springs.  Its just the matter of welding it up and making it work.  This is an example of the Clipper Ice, which Im trying to duplicate, just trying to find the dimensions.
    • https://www.hsolist.com/i/371059144455?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=371059144455&targetid=593772128293&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9020351&poi=&campaignid=2086087905&mkgroupid=76935344123&rlsatarget=pla-593772128293&abcId=1141016&merchantid=6326784&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-sz--9-Z5AIVQySGCh0-yQM7EAQYASABEgLgH_D_BwE   Looks like the wheel well covers are 38-1/2" x 67-1/2 . I assume that they make them bigger... sorry that I don't have an answer for you. What sort of jack system are you putting in... electric or hand winch?
    • Good for you guys!  It's been an uphill battle for us so far!  Hopefully something stumbles into our baits soon.
    • I'm hunting no quota, have 3 for sure different bears maybe 4 on my bait. One is a giant boar. Headed back north tonight, will rebait an and set my stand in the morning. Only took 2 days for them to start hitting, my guess they were already in the area because of the mass quantity of acorns fall by the bait site.