• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I got Busted

LODFFB

Ice season is getting closer and its time to make a couple upgrades to the fishhouse. So I ordered a 2 stage Reg and an antenna. Well Cabelas helped me buy them from F H S but on the order there is a Special Instructions. YES please ship to my work cool address, company name, town all the info. Well Fri it showed up At My House and the wife saw the box whistle. She wasnt home at the time so I threw it in my truck but sure enough she had been home and saw it. So when she came home with the kids she asked "what did you get in the mail" I dont see anything,, I said. Well it got smoothed over fairly easily but man I could have been scot free If she didnt see the Cabelas balance. Have you guys been busted or are you sneakier than me. I thought I had it covered though cry

I learned a while ago not to hide the toys from the wife. She always finds out about them. Much easier to beg and pleed to get something than to feel the wrath later.

I disagree. It is always easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission. One of my father's great pearls of wisdom.

Not everybody has the resources(CasH) everyone else does. My wife is not a big ice fishing gal she never hunted. She Likes to open water fish but we have to pay off some cards wink and I should get a newer truck first and then we can get a boat,, maybe. But we proably shouldent have a truck and boat payment. I have been nibbling away at building my ice house for 5 yrs. its almost to where I really like it. I have Ice fished in it the last 2 winters I LOVE IT.

I have found it easier to have separate bank accounts. We each have our own careers and don't dig into each others spending habbits. As long as the bills get paid why should I care what she spends on clothes and why should she care whats in the boat? Don't ask don't tell I guess. Just ship it to the house and put it away.

I have been buying things for my next fish house as I can pay for them. Heater, stove, lights, siding, dimond decking,wire, copper, screws and more, I keeped all the slips to show when I bought them and paid in full. Its getting hard to keep all that stuff in the garage atic. I may have to come clean soon.

One must be careful about having packages delivered to place of employment. This was funny.

A collegue of mine is a Harley enthusiast and was customizing his bike. He ordered some parts from a "friend" out in Seattle and had them shipped to our business address thinking he would keep it hidden from his wife. His so-called friend recognized what he was doing and decided to play a little practical joke.

His friend shipped them to our place of employment all right but he wrapped the package in plain brown wrapper and for the return address he put

Shipped from:

Walt's Transexual Dress Shop

P.O. Box xxxx

Seattle, WA

Fortunately for everyone at work but unfortunately for my collegue, the package arrived when my he was out of town and wasn't scheduled to return for about three days.

Needless to say there were plenty of rumors floating around by the time he returned.

Bob

Ice season is getting closer and its time to make a couple upgrades to the fishhouse. So I ordered a 2 stage Reg and an antenna. Well Cabelas helped me buy them from F H S but on the order there is a Special Instructions. YES please ship to my work cool address, company name, town all the info. Well Fri it showed up At My House and the wife saw the box whistle. She wasnt home at the time so I threw it in my truck but sure enough she had been home and saw it. So when she came home with the kids she asked "what did you get in the mail" I dont see anything,, I said. Well it got smoothed over fairly easily but man I could have been scot free If she didnt see the Cabelas balance. Have you guys been busted or are you sneakier than me. I thought I had it covered though cry

well here's what I do right or wrong, but I also agree easier to beg for forgiveness then ask permission, if I got to a store I try to arrange it so she wont be home when I get home or leave it stashed until she is gone and then add it my aresenal, if I am ordering something from a catalog or like hsolist I will have it shipped to my work address, so far so good

The OL has finally just said "just let me know you bought something"

she said this after we hopped in the boat and I dropped my new trolling motor in and we were putting around.... blush

last week I walked in the door after my fishing trip and said, "crappie pole, $35". I held it up, she nodded and we both went about our business. grin

I have a friend who is married to a woman who believes that for every dollar he spends on himself (fishing, hunting, other guy stuff) she is allowed to spend on her stuff. Good system, but makes him think before he goes out and drops a grand on a new locator, because it really costs hinm $2,000.

My wife just pulled the 48 hour rule on me... had some boxes in teh garage, and I noticed them... I said are they new, she said, "nope, been her for over 48 hours..." I had to laugh. smile

Now it is just a joke for us, as we are older and have fewer expenses than many younger folks. You should have seen when I came home with a new duck boat, and I almost got away with the old "this old thing? It is the one I had for years, see the scratch?..." but my buddy told on me.... that rat wink

My OL doesn't really care if/when I spend money on new fishing stuff. We don't have much extra, so any new purchases are far and few inbetween, but her theory, not mine, is that I can buy any fishing equipment I want, only after bills are paid, obviously, and can spend as much as I want because it puts food on the table. I just have to take her along once in a while. Not a bad arrangement if I must say so.

I said to her.

"Remember all that time I stayed home to watch the kids and take all the abuse. I said I was saving money while you were out socializing with your side of the family and all. Well I saved the money, now I used it to pay for some equipment(toys). I earned it, so I can burn it. I worked for it, so I can fork over for it. I paid for it, so I can play with it..."

- I've been kicked out of the house for the night again, but I've got my ice shack! - LOL's

J/K

She knows better than to let me out of the house. I'm not so selfish.

My wife just pulled the 48 hour rule on me... had some boxes in teh garage, and I noticed them... I said are they new, she said, "nope, been her for over 48 hours..." I had to laugh. smile

Now it is just a joke for us, as we are older and have fewer expenses than many younger folks. You should have seen when I came home with a new duck boat, and I almost got away with the old "this old thing? It is the one I had for years, see the scratch?..." but my buddy told on me.... that rat wink

at least I called my OL as I was handing the guy the money for my boat.... lol