• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 3rd Annual Spearing Outting----Dec 20th (updated 11/20)

bassNspear

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that everyone is getting excited about the big event that we have coming up soon here. As we all know, we are going to be heading to Maple Lake. For those of you that dont know, the way that we come up with the lakes, is that we just throw them out there, and i put them all in a hat, and pick two of them out. We try and do one in Dec, and then again in Feb. The goal is to always try and go to different lakes so people from different areas can see new lakes, and/or get to the outting!

For those of you that dont know where Maple Lake is, its right off of HWY 55.

Here is a link that you can go to that I Google Mapped it

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Maple+Lake+MN&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.724817,78.75&ie=UTF8&ll=45.232531,-94.001856&spn=0.482588,1.230469&z=10

(you will have to copy and paste that link into a new browsor)

I believe that Merkman is going to be bringing his cooker again this year, but I might be wrong on that? If you would like to bring stuff along that would be great. Most people just eat by themselves, but we do get together around 12 by American Flag to see how fishing has been going!

It would be nice if you can take the time to post here and let us know if you are going to be coming to the event or not! Its always nice to know if you can make it there, and that way we as a group will know what to expect at the outting.

If anyone has any questions, please post here, or shoot me a email.

Cya all soon!

I will be there under the American Flag.

I won't be offended if anyone else brings a cooker too.

The more the merrier.

I will be BBQ’ing venison brats and steaks.

Everyone is welcome to bring some food to share also.

I promise to have the GET-TO-GATOR CAM up and running this year too (for anyone who can't make it) I should have it going at least 1 weekend before the Get-To-Gator.

If anyone wants to take a shot at spearing.

I will have

A 8’X8’ double spear house.

A 4’X6’ spear house

An extra spear or two and some extra decoys

You will have to be legal to spear, have a valid spearing license, hold me harmless in the event of an accident, and agree not perform any illegal activities with my stuff of course. (Since I don’t want all my spearing gear donated to the MN DNR) but other than that it is a great way to see if you would like to spear without going out and purchasing a ton of equipment.