• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 3rd Annual Spearing Outting----Dec 20th (updated 11/20)

bassNspear

The time is getting closer and closer everyday to the hard season! Time to get them protables out and get them ready to roll for another spearing season.

Our 3rd Annual Spearing Outting is going to be held at Maple Lake for the whole day. Family, Kids, whoever wants to come is more then willing to spend a day in the darkhouse!

This is a great event for people that have never done it before. If you dont have any equipment that allows you to get out, im sure there is going to be people there that day that will be able to let you hang out in there house for a day. Last year i believe we ended up with 7 houses there, which was great to cover a lake, and learn from one another about what there doing, vs what you are doing!

Date: Dec 20th

We can figure out all the other information when it get closer to the date. Im sure we will be doing food again this year, along with a few stories on spearing. Our 4th annual will be later in the season.

Dont miss out!!!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elwood, she bought me the ice saw last spring for our anniversary grin:), we each have our own collection of decoys and pretty much all the bells and whistles needed. her shopping may be to finish for santa claus. diet dew? my thoughts are a bit different. coffee? whistlewink

I am shooting for it and think I am free. It will be fun to meet those who can make it, and to learn about how other people set things up for spearing.

Spearing folks are among the nicest people I know of to be around, even if we are a bit seclusive at times. I have to admit that a gathering around spearing seems a bit antithetical to the solitude that we all treasure, but I am willing to give it try!

see my wife is not interested in getting out on the ice. Now if your talking about boat, she would be in it fishing with me as much as she can. I dont mind it at all, becuase then i get a boat, and she wont be in my spear shack in the winter smile

Wish I could come too!

ND resident.

someday.

You’re not the only one who wishes they would change that law.

And with part of my family living in AZ, if they do change it, I hope it is not only restricted to states that allow Minnesotans to darkhouse spear in their states.

I would think it will be a long time before darkhouse spearing is popular in AZ. grin