• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This morning

broodwich

Bass are moving shallow!!!! heres a few pics of the bruisers that I found this morning hiding in the reeds....Gotta love them Becker county bass....

100_0736.jpg

100_0737.jpg

100_0739.jpg

100_0740.jpg

100_0741.jpg

BTW DickTanner, I'm getting closer to beating your best this season. This is my time to shine!!!!

Deitz, you must of missed the first pic. It shows a quantum energy spinning reel, now he may not of been using that reel but Im guessing he was. There for it would be my quess of a soft plastic lure of some sort and not JnP.

I will guess a Tube also.

Hester

I'm here... Sorry was busy the last couple of days... First off thanks guys it was a great morning and loved every minute... I did make it out yesterday morning as well.... tried a different lake though. I caught 4 within the first 10 minutes a 19" two 18's" and a 17" all in the reeds, but that ended as fast as it started.... So I moved to deeper water, no bass but did catch quite a few nice sized pike...

Now to answer the questions:

Bait- the only thing these bass would hit was a black and silver spinnerbait. I started with a buzz-bait then switched to a Jig then switched to a senko...nothing. Finally tied on a spinnerbait thinking I'd at least find a Pike... Well that was the secret, in fact the 19" was caught where I previously fished with the jig...I even switched back to a jig thinking it was the weather that turned them on but still nothing... I love it when bass prefer spinnerbaits...

water temp: was 59 degrees on the lake I was fishing.

The fire extinguisher: Funny story, this spring I had a build up of ice on the cover of my boat. Well the weight of the ice made the cover sag. So I thought I would take a shovel and scoop the ice off... That was stupid, I ended up breaking the top of the fire extinguisher and it expelled all of it's contents into my covered boat.... I had a quarter inch of powder every where in the boat... So I've since moved the extinguisher, I just haven't removed the bracket from the old one...

As for the bobber and jig... Well I only clean my boat in the spring. So that is just junk collected from this summer hence the empty bottles also grin

Quote:
The fire extinguisher: Funny story, this spring I had a build up of ice on the cover of my boat. Well the weight of the ice made the cover sag. So I thought I would take a shovel and scoop the ice off... That was stupid, I ended up breaking the top of the fire extinguisher and it expelled all of it's contents into my covered boat.... I had a quarter inch of powder every where in the boat... So I've since moved the extinguisher, I just haven't removed the bracket from the old one...

Ohhh my gawd.. that had to be a mess....