• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

09 BASS Weekend Series

Central Bassman

Here is the new schedule for the weekend series!!! No more lakes i guess its all on the RIVER!!!! I don't understand why they did this?? More travel for us again!!!

Wisconsin/Minnesota - Division 18

05/30/2009 MS River - La Crosse Copeland West-Clinton St.

06/27/2009 MS River - Wabasha City Ramp at Ike's Park

07/25/2009 MS River - Prairie Du Chien Washington Street Park

08/15/2009 MS River - La Crosse Copeland West - Clinton St.

09/19-20/2009 MS River - Wabasha City Ramp at Ike's Park

(***This division is pending permits and schedule could change**

A little confused by this as well considering they said part of the reason for doing this was to help alleviate travel for people. Last time I checked La Crosse and Prairie Du Chien are just as far or further than most of the lakes they have used. Bunch of [PoorWordUsage] if you ask me.

Its probably less travel for me in Lakeville. They did this because they did not have enough anglers in either division to make a profit, so this is them trying to combine them to drive up numbers. That is the only schedule with that disclaimer, so if they do not get their permits, you may see a MN/WI lake or two get into the mix

why are all these tournament circuts getting smaller and smaller year after year. I was talking to a great friend of mine that is in the FLW Walleye Circut, and they are having a huge problem of getting there 150 anglers they need to fill it up year after year.

I can understand if they arn't getting enough anglers to make it into one division but i can't see why they always have to run to the river. There is 5 tournament that could be spread out all over the place to make it equal for everyone to travel to. I'm cool with fishing the river ones but not for all 5 events. The schedule look very similar to the BFL!!!

As far as getting enough anlgers go i think there are a lot of different things going on there. Gas prices i think are the biggest problem!!!! There are so many people going out trying to start there own tournament circut just because they dont like something in the other one or they don't want to travel and want to fish there home waters always. BNS did you talk to Dan?

I'm willing to bet if they keep the 5K to win money the numbers will be better then they've had. I for one like the schedual. There's alot of guys in MN and WI that LIKE fishing the river. All the talk about the "extra driving" and "having to fish the river" is petty funny.

Its not that i don't like fishing the river i just don't see the point in having ALL the events on it!!! Fishing the river and fishing a natural lake are two different style of fishing!!! With this style of tournament with the money involved i think they should have events on both the river and lakes.

Personaly I hate the river and will not participate. I do agree that it is a $$$ thing. At Vermillion one of the guys that run it said there was a chance it may be cancelled for 2009. Obviously not the case. Good luck to all that fish it.

P.S Good luck Rich. Hope to see you at the classic. smile

Here is what i got back from ABA... I like how they emailed me back first thing this morning!!! Show they care about there angler and check there email...

ABA ran into to some major permit issues in the state of MN in 2008.

We had to make a change to help alleviate this or we would be forced to leave the area completely. Instead of leaving we are moving all of the events to the MS River until such a time that the permits allow for more than 75 boats and there is also the cost issue of the permits themselves.

If we were allowed to grow MN to a much larger field we would not have to make this move at all. We know how loyal the MN anglers have continued to be and we believe this is only viable solution at this time.

We need together as a group find a friend in the MN Legislator and work with them to help us fight this issue.

We are always available for your comments, thoughts and suggestions.

Our strength is in numbers and your support will help us grow the division instead of forcing us to leave the area.

Have a great day!

Thanks,

When it comes down to it, they did not have enough anglers in either division for them to keep running both, so they had to try something new, this is better then canceling one or both divisions, this may not have been the best logic on their part, but they are trying to make it work. I give them credit there. They have made some good & bad decisions in their 4 year existance. I think the payouts are very equal in both Weekend Series and BFL, as long as Weekend Series can get a few more boats and the $5 is nice, ecspecially if you do not run a Ranger for the BFL's.

I will fish them again and might try to fish a couple BFL's as well. And Pherris, I hope to see me at the Classic as well smile