• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Power flow bagger

Down2Earth

I sold my buddy my JD GX345. he was asking about a bagger and wondered if he had to have to power flow for the 48 in deck. I didn't know. I see that the homedepot models with a 48 in deck don't need it. He said he asked the dealer and they told him the decks are different and he would recommened the powerflow. But he never did say the other (way cheaper) wouldn't work.

I sent an e-mail to john deere and this was the reply:

Thank you for contacting our Web site. The power flow is not required to be used with the collection system for the GX345 or the L series. However, being that the GX345 was a premium model we offer the power flow as an option to the collection system. This option is not provided for the collection system for the L series. The high performance blower acts as an additional vacuum to help move the grass clippings. If additional power is not needed then the standard 7 Bushel bagger can be used. If we can be of further assistance, please call the Customer Contact Center at 1-800-537-8233.

So if anyone has used the $300 bagger on a 48C deck could you please comment if the cheaper bagging system works.

The Power Flow baggers are belt driven off the deck with an impeller.

Non Power Flow is just the chute coming off the deck channeling the clippings into the bags. The blades on the deck do all work.

It's an extra you can get by without but one of those bells or whistles that's nice to have when the job gets a little tougher.

It should also aid in keeping the clogging to a minimum. If you bag all year or have a large lawn with a lot of leaves then the belt driven one would be a better choice. But just for an average yard to bag leaves two times a year, probably not worth it.