• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Million dollar ?

opsirc

OK how do you guys do it? from some of the posts, it sounds like many of you spend more time on the ice than at home. I only work 7-8 days a month and still only get two days of fishing in. grin.gif I suppose it could have something to do with the wife's "honey-do- list". I get one thing done and 5 more show up on the list. Its written on a double roll of charmin as it is. Maybe thats the problem; sell the wife, have money to buy more fishing stuff and throw aways the "honey-do-list" tongue.gif problem solved, well maybe better rethink that! she reads this and I will be in hot water for sure. grin.gif

O

I have a wife who loves to fish so that helps. I also work nights so I have my days to myself so I can go out a couple of days a week and then on the weekend with the wife.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

Now....I'm no expert on marital relationships (tried for 27 years once) but the math just doesn't support the outcome in your case. Lemme see here.....7-8 days a month at work and not enough fishing? A honey do list that takes a double roll of t/p to record? I'd say you have a severe case of negotiating skills deficit going there bub! If I were you, I'd install that roll of t/p in the holder on the bathroom wall. Then, I'd take the little lady out for a nice dinner and discuss the true meaning of life to a sportsman. Don't start until after the first two cocktails. Man cannot live by bread alone, you need plenty of fresh caught fish to go along with it. Explain to her that she's waaaaaaaaay too demanding with the "list thing" and that your sanity depends on a little free time more often than it's been allowed. If she's reasonable, she'll at least start to consider lightening your load. If she's not, what the heck-just go fishing anyway. If that lands you in the doghouse, then turn your garage into a male crisis center. That way you'll be just as at home in the garage as you would be in the house............and if it's kids that keep all of your time occupied, take them along fishing......I helped raise three of them and still dealing with the last one of them. Man, it was demanding but we always found the time to do the things we all wanted to do in the end.......Best wishes on a better outcome.........You can do it!......T

Lets not get nasty guys grin.gif, I put this up half joking. actually I have a great wife she pretty much lets me do as I wish. last year got to buy a power auger and this x-mas she picked up a LX3 for me.

O
work is for people who don't fish

One think I've noticed here OP. In your Signature you mention that work is for people who don't fish...........But you work very little and yet you still don't get to fish. Might want to change your Sig to " Fishing is for guys who don't have honey do lists."

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

I generally put in 5-10 hour days each week and average 6-8 days on the ice each month. I keep the gear packed and ready. I’ve got some good fishing buddies who like to get out as much as I do and I think that helps.

The wife was an only child and likes her space and she really likes it when I take off for a couple of days. As a matter of fact she encourages it. When the kids were at home, I'd take them with me. The wife really liked that.

I take care of the Honey Do list by investing in low maintenance stuff like vinyl siding, windows and concrete on the driveway. Snow can sit on the driveway until I return for fishing. Home improvement is done in April and early May and July. Any repairs are made after work.

If the priority is to fish more - then start organizing things so you can do it.

i sure hope my 1 comment didnt offend any one . it was ment as a joke . any how we all still have our home lives to deal with yes . for me/us the most recent is a suspended 7th grader.
for me living on the lake helps alot . as does living in lake rich areas also most of my life.if you want to talk about summer months ? yep i live on the lake . boat is in the water almost allways . most of the time all i get for boat time is " yep its still at the dock" as i drive by. summer months i get out rarely in compareing the two.

[This message has been edited by rockhardinmn (edited 02-20-2004).]

ROCKHARD I am in the same situation as you . I work for a roofing contractor and am off in the winter so my fishhouse gets 10 times the use as my boat. I love to fish open water but some nites its easier to come home and crack a cold one and plop down on the couch.

hey Swampman,,, you mean to tell me you still have enough in ya to even pop a cold one ? tongue.gif.. cement finsher myaelf here so i know how that goes grin.gif
we should try to hook up some time . i am out in the annandale area .
Oh and poeple ,, i was onced asked by the wife if i was having an affair , cause of the amount of time i was spending on a lake. this was about 16 years ago. since then she has once called the cops to look for me after not getting home when she figured i would . i cant blame her thou since i was WAY later than whats normal, and the kid next door who dropped his car in the lake looking for me grin.gif