• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Radio for permanent install

dirtking

I am looking at putting a radio in my fish house. I do not know much about audio equipment, however. I guess what I am thinking is to pick up a car radio and a good antenna that I can mount out side. If the antenna would fold down that would be a plus. I was thinking a couple of car speakers would work out well too. Lastly I am going to get a radio that I can hook XM radio up to for those trips up north.

Any thoughts? What do you have in your house?

I bought my radio from Wally World it has AM/FM, CD, USB slot, and a SD card slot it also has a 3mm (I believe) Aux input. It will play MP3 and WMA files it was only about $75. You can hook up your MP3 player or XM radio to the AUX plug, or you can even plug in your TV for surround sound. I have had mine for about a year and I am very happy with it. It is made by a company called VR3 I had never heard of them before but I thought I would give them a try because of the many ways it would play MP3s and like I said I have been very happy with it.

FD

I guess I'm either cheap or old fashoned. I have an older AM/FM cassette in my dropdown. I put a flexible rubber antenna on the outside and my son ordered four nice speakers. I have an adapter to play CDs through the tape deck and my son has an adapter to hook his XM radio through the tape deck. I also have an FM transmitter that hooks into my DVD player so we have surround sound when we watch a movie. Good enough for this old coot. My son wanted to put his Pioneer AM/FM CD player in it, but I wanted somehing that had knobs rather than 150 buttons on the faceplate. If I'm laying in bed at night and listening to music it is nice to be able to reach over and turn a knob rather than look for the right button.

dirtking, I went to Wally-world and got a Dura-Brand AM/FM/CD with a removeable front, also 2 of the speakers W-W carries. The only thing I do wish it had was a weather band so I could keep up on the fronts coming through. I figure if the scum wanna steal the radio, I still have the front, The rest of the radio has no ID on it so, they first need to figure out what brand radio it is, then they'll need to steal another radio with the same front to make mine work. Sure, It might get ripped, but the more difficult I make it, the better the chance they'll get caught. Phred52