• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Walleyes Anyone?

Was out last night with LJ on the Big O, started in the canal looking for some craps and what not, caught one [PoorWordUsage] and one gill, well, jimi did on a beetle spin, so he was pumped, then we motored to the lake and started fishing the break wall all the way down... nothing!! not even a bump all the way out... little breeze from the north, NE, pretty nice out there. The temp was 72.8 in the lake and 70.5 in the Canal, I thought it would have cooled down a little more.. guess not. Spotted no bait fish activity anywhere. the canal was a little colored up. Hopefully the cooler night temps coming up will help!!

but on a side bar to Tim And frank, I let LJ use the "Secret" when we got on the lake, and first drop down he smacked a perch!! He said he'd give you lessons on how to work it!! ha!! and i caught one too, but that was it, I forgot to bring the headlamps so we were off the water by 7. It was a nice time though, Might get out saturday night... we will see.

so pics are below from last night and some more fro the phone from what we caught during the summer!

Jimi with his gill

f_sunnym_7817908.jpg

jimi with his crappie, it was a good one!

f_Crappiem_ccf1062.jpg

LJ and my GF's Boy's fishing on the seneca

f_Boysm_b859610.jpg

GF's kid with a nice seneca river Smallie, on a jitter bug

f_jarBassm_5b084c5.jpg

LJ with a nice Seneca River Largie

f_jimiBassm_97d1156.jpg

another Seneca river largie!

f_meBassm_28795cb.jpg

LJ with the BEST YANKEE!!!!

f_Ruthm_efde570.jpg

Gosh i hope it's not to far... I have an itch... and it's not from my gal!!! or timmy for that matter!! smile I got the baits all ready, and keep buying more for some reason... I have an addiction, and i'm willing to admit it!!!

Thunder, you gonna brave my boat again this year?? I hope timmy can get out, We all need to pitch in and send Rosa some flowers, or a get away package or something!! smile

You love me tim!!

Steve,

There are plenty of perch finding them is the next thing crazy.They are not concentrated in any one spot perch and waldos we are working for them now pretty slow.I here some people are getting 20to30(perch) fish days but they are working for them.

fished from 3pm till 7pm and got a nice limit of jacks today. found them on one of my humps on the shoals and if you weren't right on top of it you didn't get a thing. The south / southeast wind played havoc with me and I had to keep re-anchoring to stay on it, I have to get an anchor for the back, it got to be a pain in the butt to keep pulling anchor just to get back on the spot.

Lee - Dude do you ever get skunked? Good job.. We marked some fish and they just weren't having it.. Weather was kinda weird with the eery overcast we had and very light sprinkles on and off. Way to go!!! How's the pop warner team doing?

Fished the north shore (20-22 fow) Saturday we picked up a couple nice jacks on fat heads. Tried the east shore yesterday with worms and didn't get anything. The water temp on the east shore was 76.8 yesterday.

Nice haul Lee!

LOL Tim, my day of being skunked is about 20 perch if I'm targetting them or 2 walleye's if I'm after them. The sunfish are HUGE this year and going to try and target them more this weekend. The temps when I was out was 71.2 and all fish came in 10' - 12' of water in or on weed edges fishing straight down with half a crawler in plain hook, small swedish pimple or a small spinner with beads on hook but the trick was using a 4"-5" piece of crawler hooked once hanging.

Pop-Warner is going great and the kids are starting to improve and build confidence in themself which is great plus they are having fun doing it which is helping a lot this year. The kids who are improving the most are the one's who wanted to quit on week 2 but we talked them into staying and they are loving it.

Almost time for the night eye's on shore and I got word they are getting them on the mid-lake shoals at dark and after dark which means they will start making their way into the shore shallows soon.

Rick was in 2nd place on first day and then drew some some partners that just weren't on the fish and he ended up in 47th and won himself a trolling motor worth $600. He said it was one of the best times and just riding in the pro's boat going almost 70mp was worth the $375 entry fee.... LOL