• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Boxing

SCCO9803

I'm wondering how many people have gotten into a scrap with one of their buddies while ice fishing. I watched two of my buddies do this following a few too many sasparilla's a few weeks ago. I just want to know if anyone has even done this, or faught with other fisherman on the ice; for any reason.

It didn't come to blows but almost had to open a can of whoop arss on my buddy last weekend. He got drunk and just about started a huge fire. Had a turkey fryer with hot oil and he dropped the wings down too fast, oil boiled over and flamed up. Flames just about hit my portable. He did something hilarious after though. Put on a depth bomb to adjust his bobber depth..and of course his bobber went down with the extra weight, well in his drunken stupor he thought it was a fish...set the hook, the depth bomb fell off and he was mad because he thought he lost a big fish. Too Funny!

Muskieguy....

Not anything on the ice although some of the people could use a little "reminder" of the unwritten rules of etiquette.

The best was Steelhead fishing a few years ago. I had been at my same place on the bank all day and had other people walk on through. I also had a couple of people set up on the other side of the river. The guy on the other side just had to keep casting out over my line. It was on purpose for sure as it was a long throw to get it across. He hooked me twice. The third time he hooked my I set the fly rod hard and took his rod right out of his hand and in to the river. I managed to land a very nice rod and reel setup along with a couple of trout.

The guy was so ticked he tried to wade across. Bad move. Over the waders and very cold on his first step from shore. We all laughed on our side of the river. Through the shouting he wanted me to get him back his gear. I told him I was fishing. It was about a 6 mile walk one way to cross the river. I told him if he hurried he could get over here before dark. I left the rod on the bank and it was still there the next morning.

I did not land a keeper trout but when the weekend was over I did get a new rod and reel.

My buddies that I was talking about were cousins. The one cousin was disrespecting his cousins pickup. When the pickup owner saw this he came after his cousin and threw a hay-maker at him, unfortunately for him he missed because his cousin womped him on the ice. Blackened both eyes and a couple welts on his head. It was funny at the time and even funnier in the morning when they woke up. Now we call the champion "The Family Man"

Never fight on the ice. Chalange them to a drinking contest and by the end of the evning they will be hugging eachother and telling eachother I love you man. grin.gif

[This message has been edited by sunnyj (edited 02-19-2004).]

On Monday on Lily Lake in Stillwater, a man moved his portable close to another that was already there. A shouting match apparently got nasty. Then, the guy that moved his portable in, pulled a handgun and threatened the other fisherman. Somehow or another, the police were called and the man was arrested. This was reported in the Stillwater Gazette.

my 1st trip to u.r.l. I was with my bro. we ran into a couple of ol` tymers at the bar said they had a great spot and we could fish near by well we set up "near by" (it was were they`d been takin their dumps ) it stunk BADLY!.....we were angry at first but had to laugh and learn they had a big ol pot of sourkraut/ribs so be careful of the guy who says he`s got a great spot with a cheshire grin

Im in Corrections and know 1st hand that very few people actually fight anymore they always pull out a knife or gun! Better to just get the heck out of the situation these days!
Also its expensive to fight and even worse to get stabbed or worse yet shot! Conseal and carry?