• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minaki Area Reports

Heading up to the Minaki area this weekend for 5 days and primarily focusing on muskie, but will mix in a little walleye fishing as well. Will be fishing Big and Little Sand and some of the connecting lakes. I am really excited about the trip, but have never been to this area before and am looking for a little help.

Anyone been up in this area lately that has a report they would like to share? Not looking for specific spots but more for general areas that I should keep my eye out for (weeds/rocks/transition areas). What depths should I key on and what presentations typically work best this time of year.

Also, does anybody know when turnover typically takes place up in this area.

Feel free to email me if you would like.

[email protected]

Thanks all,

I'll give you one very basic, yet very effective tip.

Anytime you see a buoy fish it. And fish it thoroughly and slowly. If you see one fish there, it might not be alone. Also, get a map. Pick out a milkrun of spots that have rock markings.

Firetiger Weighted Suick in September can be a mean bait.

Thanks MuskyBrian.

Speaking of mpas, do you know where I could get a good quality map of this lake?

I haven't been able to locate one yet, other than the very generic map I downloaded off of a resort HSOforum.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.