• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garbage on the ice cleanup initiative (see inside)

The Yeti

I've read a few posts on FM in the last couple months concerning people leaving their garbage on the ice and it just infuriates me! I know that everyone here on FM is very conscious of keeping the lakes clean, but I want to throw a suggestion out there to every single fisherman/woman, that from now until ice out, bring a garbage bag with you to dispose of any trash you may see on the ice. Thanks and good luck fishing..

Excellent idea. We should all pick in order to keep our awesome resources just that. When the snow starts melting, I always try to pry an hour out of my Saturday mornings to drive around on the ice and pick up stuff that has been "left behind". Everything from empty beer boxes to batteries. It's amazing what's out there. I'm definitely with you on this one.

MJ

I'll tell you what really ticks me off... and that's people throwing their cigarette butts all over the ice or in the water from a boat. I am guilty of it myself, until I got a strange look from a CO in WI several years back. Since that day, I don't allow folks that fish in my portable or boat to throw their butts, except in a pop can, coffee can etc. Having recently stopped smoking I can spend more $$$$ on fishing now! I'm not being a converted ex-smoker either. Some people think that the world is my dump. There's nothing worse than trash on ice or in the water. Let's keep our waters and evironment clean and beautiful. Just my 2¢ worth!