• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best light weight 12 ga under $1300??

Coach

Winchester Super X3. Love that gun. Cant tell which is lighter, my gun or my buddies SBE II. You'd have to weigh it. But the SX3 is the fastest auto loader on the market. I think the Rem CTi is probably lighter since they use carbon fiber and titanium for the reciever.

x3 is lighter than the x2-i just picked up a Browning Gold Evolve on sale for $799 originaly $1132 plus they have a $100 rebate and i got the 150 gift card from cabelas. i was told but dont know for sure that it is basicaly the same gun as the sx3. It is light and i used it last weekend and just loved it!!! Or check out the Browning Gold Superlight Hunter. Seen them for $849 plus the $100 rebate. 6 lbs 12oz for the 26" 6 lbs 15oz for the 28".

My buddy has a Benelli Super Black Eagle. Its a 12 gauge automatic. Great waterfowl gun. Maybe not so much upland birds though. He finds that the 3 or 3.5 inch shells kick out the best. Those might tear apart a grouse-sized bird though.

I've got the Benelli M2 i like it alot, The Browning Gold Might be a little heavy for what your looking for. Browning also makes the Silver My brother just got one, and they are lighter than the gold, but chamber a 3" shell.

Like MNIce said, don't worry about the brand because if the gun doesn't fit you then it doesn't really much matter. I highly recommend shouldering every brand of gun you can find and make sure you talk to the sales people to check how the gun fits you. Once you find which gun(s) will work then you will be able to narrow your search to a brand.

All of the brands mentioned make great guns. I ended up buying a Franchi 712 Grifone as the gun fit me, it was really light for upland hunting and the price was right. Good luck and happy hunting.

Silvers are not lighter. The silver micro but that is a 20ga. The silver sporting micro weighs more than the Gold superlite hunter. There are more than just the standerd Gold's. Gold superlite hunter is lite version. No point in buying a Silver when you can get a Gold for less with the rebate.

If you buy a Franchi make sure you play with the bolt handle alot before you buy it- Friends fell off in the woods and he could not find it-just bought it last week-nice gun other wise. Same happened to anothers Benelli-he caught it before he lost it and brought it in and they fixed it and hasnt happened again.