• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The birds and the bees - uncut version!

Though not x-rated!

Walked by a neighbor's flower garden this afternoon and saw a hummingbird at one of 'em. Stood around for about twenty minutes without it returning, but the sun was good and got a few with some bees:

BB1-2.jpg

BB2-2.jpg

These taken with the Canon 40D, 100-400L, 400 ISO Av f/7.1 @ 1/1000

Really goin' through the bird seed lately, so took a few minutes and shot a few of the birds cleaning me out of house and home:

BB3-2.jpg

BB6-2.jpg

And one shot of a "cheeky" fella:

BB4-2.jpg

Canon 40D, 100-400L, f5.6 @ 1/200, fill flash compensated at -1 and -1 1/3.

Ken,

I have to agree with Steve on #2. I also like the last shot of the little seed glutton. Nothing empties a feeder faster than an industrious chipmunk or two. I fought those things for years in Duluth. In Detroit Lakes, all I have is ground squirrels/gophers. They still like to hang around the feeders, but they don't climb. My feeders go much longer between fillings without the "chippies" around.

Yeah it takes a bit of time. I usually start about -1 2/3 to - 2 for starters and then fire off some practice shots before the subject matter appears and before you know it you are dialed in. I personally use flash a fair amount, the trick is not making it look like it. grin