• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hungry Crappies Video

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here is a short video of a few underwater slab crappies that decide they want something that looks very good to eat.

Monster Crappies - FishingMN.com:
256k High Speed - CLICK HERE

56K Modem - CLICK HERE

Recommend that you Right Click on the 256k link and "Save Target As" to download to your PC. Then play it right off your PC. The 256k is a bigger picture with better sound.

Have More Fun!
256k High Speed - Right CLICK HERE - Save target as:

Thats awesome! Kick-n-Craw is going to be a hot item this spring and much of open water for several species. Nothing like a slab crappie inhaling your jig!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Sorry guys, but just because someone dropped a "Kick-N-Craw" down in the tank doesn't mean the crappies will be inhaling them in the WILD. You could drop a turd with a hook down in the Cabelas tank and they'd eat it. Cool video though.

------------------
-FNC

"get on the natch"

FishiNChester,
Actually... not!
The day we shot this video was the same day we went to Secret Lake to field test Bio-Bait for the first run.
That morning we arrived at Cabela's well before opening... like 6am. We tried the bass in one tank... nothing doing! They were "spooked" and would not even approach anything we dropped in the tank.
In the tank you see in the panfish video... these fish would not hit a single piece of plastic... unless it had Bio-Bait on it (which the video did not relate). No kidden, the fish would not take to plastics at all. Adding a tiny bit of Bio-Bait made the difference in us getting these shots, or not!
Pete Riola was there, Dan Wood, Rich Smith... basically enough guys saw this so I am not "zooming" you. These fish were SUPER picky!
The Bio-Bait floated to the surface when it came off the hook... where it was quickly nabbed. As soon as the Bio-Bait was off the plastic... the fish were ALL done with it. It had to be rebaited with Bio-Bait to get another hit.
So... was it the Kick-N Craw?
Nope... it was the Bio-Bait that should be the real "star" in these clips.
Could you "throw anything" in there and catch a fish?
Nope... not that morning!
I had a blast seeing just what they would not hit though!
A cool memory, with some cool guys.
Thanks Pete Riola and Rick for posting the clip!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 02-17-2004).]

Dave is telling the story as it was on that day. I put that video together to show how aggressive a crappie can be. We did catch a bunch of crappies on the Kick n Craw at Secret Lake too. The Cabelas Crappies had eaten the day before too so these were not starving fish. Like Dave said the fish did not eat until we put Bio bait in the body of the Kick N Craw and we tested plenty of lures. The video is meant for fun, but no kidding they did pound the Kick N Craw with Bio Bait on it.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I'm sorry Travis(FishnChester), I have to disagree with you. Those fish won't take to turds any better than you would. grin.gif

I did not realize the plastics were dressed with bio-bait. I should have known though, because I have caught crappies in the WILD using the Kick-n-craws and Bio-bait.

Not that there's anything spectacular about that Travis. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 02-17-2004).]